GDT: Caps 2013 NHL Draft Thread

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Kinda 'meh' on the Burakovsky pick. Warmed up a bit with the more detail info out there. Looks like he's was the youngest player in this draft. Preferred Rychel but Cbus nabbed him. Dig the later round picks.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Kinda 'meh' on the Burakovsky pick. Warmed up a bit with the more detail info out there. Looks like he's was the youngest player in this draft. Preferred Rychel but Cbus nabbed him. Dig the later round picks.

He's only the youngest player in the draft if the sites have his birthdate wrong. I'm guessing someone copied and pasted and forgot to edit that line. I believe Connor Hurtley is the one with that distinction by the way.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
a certain someone will be pleased to hear that

As someone pointed out over at the Japers, it's reasonable to wonder if the suspected concussion impacted his ability to keep up academically last semester.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Only watched 10 minutes, but Burakovsky has a very good saucer pass and looks very willing to one time the puck.

Didn't see any of the not willing to pass stuff Swedish posters have talked about.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Haar was drafted in WHL 08 bantam draft by Moose Jaw; no clue if they would still hold his rights, I know I’ve seen situations where prospects like this were still on a CHL club’s reserve list; this would be an overage season in the WHL.

All speculation and nothing to indicate that he isn’t staying at WMU, just figured I’d look it up.

http://www.whl.ca/article/2008-whl-bantam-draft-selections/76037

Also, seeing something that he was on Medicine Hat's protected list last summer, so maybe rights' traded and possible still on protected list now? Believe list is 50 but don't know all the specifics.

Last edited:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
They need to add more rounds...

KHL regulars getting passed up for 6'6" loppy MFers who can hardly skate.

I had totally forgot about Mironov, 18 year old KHL regular defenseman on Dynamo Moscow... How does GMGM ****ing miss him?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Watched most of the Lewington fights. His strength is very clear, almost any time he got knocked down he was back on his feet throwing before the refs could stop the fight and it continued on. Also like the fact that when he gets somebody down he hammers them with head shots until the refs actually pull the them apart. That might sound dirty, but things like that serve a purpose.

Looks like he needs to work on his technique a bit but he's definitely got the strength and tenacity to score some KOs on at least an AHL level.

No clue about his defensive talents, just an observation on his fighting.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
They need to add more rounds...

KHL regulars getting passed up for 6'6" loppy MFers who can hardly skate.

I had totally forgot about Mironov, 18 year old KHL regular defenseman on Dynamo Moscow... How does GMGM ****ing miss him?

Is that what you meant to say? Not sure how you're trying to describe these Jeff Schultzes.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Is that what you meant to say? Not sure how you're trying to describe these Jeff Schultzes.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/loppy

I'm more referring to these huge players that got very little chance of making the NHL being perceived as low risk, while being 5'9" but highly skilled is high risk. 6'6" lining up with Schultz was a coincidence.

But I doubt Schultz could make the Dynamo Moscow lineup.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/loppy

I'm more referring to these huge players that got very little chance of making the NHL being perceived as low risk, while being 5'9" but highly skilled is high risk. 6'6" lining up with Schultz was a coincidence.

But I doubt Schultz could make the Dynamo Moscow lineup.

Hah, you learn something new every day!

Personally I think all late-round picks are "low-risk" in the sense that you don't really lose anything if they don't pan out.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
well either you did a poor job making your point or it actually was the assumption....seeing how I wasnt the only one pointing it out

I agree. You've been on the boards a long time... always offer a unique perspective, and are an entertaining read. You did not deserve that.

Show me something CCF, and make this right.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Sorry to have to "Dumb it down" for everyone, but the response was to this line from NBTW...

"But most of the *****ing is ' I haven't heard of this guy, he must suck!'."

It was in reference to AB being selected. I responded with it being a large assumption. Not that hard if you can read.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@KivinenV: Re: Burakovsky & the CHL import draft today #caps RT @SeanLafortune May go 1st overall. Alot of chatter about him right now.

Vancouver owns the first pick and could use him. The import draft starts at the top of the hour.

Burakowsky goes to Erie to play with Connor McDavid. Should be entertaining.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad