GDT: Capitals vs. Senators. 7:30pm. Scotiabank Place. 4.18.2013

Apr 6, 2004
I like the fact that Erat scored on a deflection, driving the net. That's the kind of play Ovechkin needs consistently from his opposite wing. Hopefully we'll see more of that tonight.

Agreed, it was rather Knuble-like.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I loved that play too ChiChi. Someone said Ribs tried it but I missed it.

Modern Day Ovi actually looks to pass a lot. He does so quite often for a big gun and appears Erat is aware. He gave Ovi an outlet. Its like Ovi was waiting for someone to move into position. Erat did for a simple tap in I may have been able to pot.

Introducing your 2013-14 PP, Ovi Erat Nick Brows and Green

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I see Ovi getting 2 or 3 goals this game. He hit a few posts against the Leafs and missed some chances.

I'd want to see this just to see the hockey world errupt with the whole Sid/Ovie for Hart thing. I find it fascinating to see everyone get all bent up over that.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
I'd want to see this just to see the hockey world errupt with the whole Sid/Ovie for Hart thing. I find it fascinating to see everyone get all bent up over that.

Well Pittsburgh is doing fine w/o Crosby. Ovi's goal scoring erupted after the Caps were completely lost in the bottom of the standings. Ovi is the MVP for carrying his team from last to first in the division. Ovi will be completely robbed of the Hart if he doesn't win it.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Well Pittsburgh is doing fine w/o Crosby. Ovi's goal scoring erupted after the Caps were completely lost in the bottom of the standings. Ovi is the MVP for carrying his team from last to first in the division. Ovi will be completely robbed of the Hart if he doesn't win it.

I just like seeing the fireworks of debate. I find it interesting.

Its good for the NHL and brings exposure.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
We've gone from Sacco Bowl Favorites to Shiva Bowl Contenders in a month. According to some, due to the lock-out, this season is null and void, vull and noid. I'll still take the Cup.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The parts he's just talking into the camera only last about 5-15 seconds and are very sparse, but I don't find them funny either.

Show is pretty good though.

Kroll has his own sketch comedy show on Com Central. Its turble! It may not have lasted more than two episodes. His character on The League however is perfect. All the guys on the League are perfect fits on that show. They're like the buddies we all wish we had...

(Did I say that out loud?)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I haven't seen it, but I find that hard to believe. He's easily the best on the show.

It's pretty awful, both in terms of his Comedy Central show and stand up. His stand up is all these "characters" he does, most of which are cliche and obnoxious. His show is those types of characters put into sketches, most of which are just boring.

Taco/Jon Lajoie's solo stuff is pretty hilarious though.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
It definitely is one of my fave comedy shows today. I just wish the episodes revolved around the actual fantasy league more often. They stray from that too often, imo.

I do like that Rafi's in more episodes now.

Liberati0n*

It's pretty awful, both in terms of his Comedy Central show and stand up. His stand up is all these "characters" he does, most of which are cliche and obnoxious. His show is those types of characters put into sketches, most of which are just boring.

Taco/Jon Lajoie's solo stuff is pretty hilarious though.

I see. I do hate stand-up like that in general. I looked up a couple of videos and the Bobby Bottleservice wedding planner one is kind of funny, mostly because of the way he says "Bobby Bottleservice full service wedding service." I could see Jon Lajoie being pretty funny. It sucks that Taco is written so over-the-top on the show, but the way he plays the character is still good.

Regarding "character" stand-up, I think everyone can agree that Jeff Dunham deserves to die a slow, painful death for what he's put into the world.

MackenKracken

Jan 31, 2013
VA
I see. I do hate stand-up like that in general. I looked up a couple of videos and the Bobby Bottleservice wedding planner one is kind of funny, mostly because of the way he says "Bobby Bottleservice full service wedding service." I could see Jon Lajoie being pretty funny. It sucks that Taco is written so over-the-top on the show, but the way he plays the character is still good.

Regarding "character" stand-up, I think everyone can agree that Jeff Dunham deserves to die a slow, painful death for what he's put into the world.

yeah, wow, words cant describe my disdain for Jeff Dunham

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Love the League. One of the best shows going.

Krolls' standup is good when he's performing as himself. I've heard interviews where he's improvising as one of his characters and they're much funnier than the stage stuff.

Liberati0n*

It's Always Sunny is much better. :snide:

It is. The two shows are funny in the same ways, but that's the funniest show ever made, so of course the League doesn't measure up to it.

The acting on It's Always Sunny is absolutely perfect, and they don't overdo Charlie's stupidity like the League does Taco's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad