Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Sabres 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Please don't let that pass keep DSP in the top 6 once Connolly and/or Burakovsky are healthy, though.

I'd keep rolling with the hot hand. Connolly and Burakovsky will have to earn their spots back. Actually, I'm liking DSP far more than Connolly. He isn't useless when he doesn't get on the scoreboard.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
What did either of those guys do before their injuries to earn that spot?
What has DSP done to keep that spot? That one pass doesn't counter out the complete ineptitude of the 8/92/25 line. That was just the second ESG for Ovechkin since the Pittsburgh game. Need more production from what is essentially the top offensive line.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
It's not good.

And that was a PP assist. He has one goal and no assists at 5-on-5 in the past 9+2/3rds games. His line has been given checking assignments and fared well with the fancy stats but the combination of him and Oshie together is too slow.

Connolly was trash before getting hurt. Burakovsky they need somewhere in there but DSP is probably the smartest of the supposed vet depth complimentary wingers.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
You drive a hard bargain Hive.

The team has struggled as a whole and thats largely due to not having a consistent lineup which affects breakouts through to goal scoring.
DSP passes the eye test imo and deserves his spot.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I could support keeping DSP in the top six if they at least shuffle up the top six. As pointed out, Backstrom is struggling as well. Oshie was a tire fire last night. Vrana is doing good things, but it's not translating to goals at the moment. Kuznetsov has been quiet since the Edmonton game. Time to shuffle the deck to get something from the team's scoring lines.

Right now I think I'd try Eller in a top6 LW spot and shift Stephenson to 3C

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
What has DSP done to keep that spot? That one pass doesn't counter out the complete ineptitude of the 8/92/25 line. That was just the second ESG for Ovechkin since the Pittsburgh game. Need more production from what is essentially the top offensive line.

One pass today, one goal yesterday, one goal against the Oilers. He's forechecking well and going to the net. I don't see why Connolly should earn ice time next to 8 and 92.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad