Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Sabres 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Didn't see the game last night but based on the gdt I'm guessing they were hoping to coast through the front end of a b2b against a lesser team and it nearly bit them in the ass. Expect a better early effort tonight and then maybe some tired legs in the 3rd.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Didn't see the game last night but based on the gdt I'm guessing they were hoping to coast through the front end of a b2b against a lesser team and it nearly bit them in the ass. Expect a better early effort tonight and then maybe some tired legs in the 3rd.

I thought the Caps were clearly the better team for 90% of the game last night. Arizona was opportunistic in the 1st and the recipient of two or three shots off the post from the Caps or it would have been a blowout. Yesterday was the first game I've seen where the Caps seemed to impose their will on the other team like last year. Granted I haven't seen a lot of games this season but last night to me was encouraging, quality of the opponent notwithstanding.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

Caps were running circles around the coyotes for most of the first 2 periods. They just decided to make the extra pass instead of shooting. (Kind of like kuzy in ot)

Outside of the first 7 mins or so, I don't really think the coyotes had that many good scoring chances. (Obviously depends on what a good scoring chance is considered)

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Hoping Walker gets into the lineup. LoB with a big 5:58 of playing time last night.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
in buffalo
+115
your GDTs haven't let us down yet! hopefully last night was a wake up call, and while it is still early in the season, these points will matter next spring. Caps gotta keep it simple and stop overthinking with the puck. Caps steal 2 points. 4-2, the sloppy way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad