Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Sabres 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Man Oshie had a chance to spring an odd man break and he blew it.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Without those 2 assists the 2 goals don't happen and they don't win that game. He contributed.
There are other people that deserve far more criticism than him. Starting with the coach!
Easy killer, I'm just saying that it was a very Kuznetsov game, contributes to the score line, makes a magic Kuzy play, bungles the finish.

Tough crowd tonight, yeash

Reactions: CapsRuinedMySleep

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Whoever coined the term "hot garbage" with this team is correct. A chance to pick up two points and struggle to score against Buffalo.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Lousy game.
Small sample and all and a b2b. However vs. each conferences bottom dwellers they won and lost close :popcorn:
With Nisky and Bura out, and Caps not exactly a young team, should we have expected more?
Not the way Backs and Oshie have been playing :eek: Feel bad for Grubs.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Carlson makes a big play to prevent the empty netter, Oshie proceeds to turn it over immediately.
Not only that, he didn't even get a shot off on a puck that drifted by his stick right next to the left portion of the net while Lehner was out of position on the shfit before that.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Trotz probably pissed about a rookie blowing a poke check at the blue line when he had to cover for a pinching defenseman, despite still awarding minutes to the veteran D who played the forward charmin soft afterwards in the zone.

If he actually got benched that is some colossally bad coaching. Oshie and Backstrom were just as bad, if not worse. I guess it pays to be a veteran.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Gruby is right to react like this, he's done everything but let down again by the teammates.

I think the last 6 games, it's the worst stretch for Backy with the Capitals.
And 19 and 77 need to be separated. I know it's a good shutdown duo to play against the opposite top line, but we need some O from those two.

At least, now we know that Burakovsky will take Vrana's spot. Benched for a little mistake that. A rookie F forced to play D.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Grubauer isn't alone in being sick of losing. Team looks like they just don't care out there. The power play has become even more predictable and ineffective, Rierden needs to make adjustments, and fast. The leaders haven't led the way, and Trotz still doesn't understand that you have to outscore the other team in order to win. The players don't look like they enjoy coming to work. Maclellan needs to take an honest look at these last 2 games, the lack of effort, and the results. Next game is vs Pens, & if the Caps play like they have of late, things could start getting really ugly.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
pretty pathetic effort the last two games. Pitt will be very telling. I also have to believe after the last two seasons, this team is struggling to be motivated for the regular season. Of course that again would fall onto Trotz to fix.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Gruby is right to react like this, he's done everything but let down again by the teammates.

I think the last 6 games, it's the worst stretch for Backy with the Capitals.
And 19 and 77 need to be separated. I know it's a good shutdown duo to play against the opposite top line, but we need some O from those two.

At least, now we know that Burakovsky will take Vrana's spot. Benched for a little mistake that. A rookie F forced to play D.
Splitting Oshie and Backstrom might not be a bad idea. I'd put Ovi on Backstroms line and move Oshie to the Kuzy line. For now anyway. Gotta get those guys going.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Again, they need to add a vet D-man. ChorNess is an issue. Sure, they arent scoring, but they are also getting hemmed into their own zone a LOT, and thats on the D more than anything. A D that lost another player (Bowey) to injury, forcing a full helping of ChorNess, not just half a helping.

They are AHL D-men, plain and simple. We need another NHL D-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad