GDT: Capitals @ Senators - 7:00 pm EST - Capital Gains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Witnessing that Turris goal live was indescribable, I feel so blessed I got to witness a creation from the gods like that.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
He played 17 minutes against Tampa and he was playing well

He got 10 minutes tonight and he wasn't playing well

It's pretty straight forward stuff, I'm not sure why people are making a fuss over it

He needs to play with Zibby and Ryan, and get that line back on track, simple as that. All three players have struggled since they were separated and we can all see that Smith has no business being in the top-6.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
You're not being fair because no one here expects this team to have a better record than they currently have and no one expects this team to go 27-0 rather than 20-4-3

What some of us are angry about is how they lost key games after they got the playoff spot

You're not being fair because you seem to believe that people being pissed at the team for not showing up at critical times after the playoff spot was reached means something it does not

Depends on how you look at the season. Yes, there are definitely critical games and how you play in them are important. However, you can also look at the season as a series of 10 or 20 game blocks where you want the team to pick up x amount of point in a given block to reach a particular goal.

When you look at the season as groups of games it looks at a big picture and takes into account that sometimes the team will come up flat, get bad bounces, run into a hot goalie, etc. That happens to all teams.

During the streak we got a lot of bounces and timely saves that our goalie probably couldn't duplicate today more than 2 times out of 10. That was never going to continue, and we were always going to fall back to Earth to some degree. It is like being on a rush where you win 15 hands in a row in poker. You could be upset at being beaten by a lucky river card in the 16th hand if you were focused only on that hand, but it really would be ignoring the big picture.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
If we win out we will almost certainly make the playoffs. Easier said than done though, the season might come down to that final game in Philadelphia. Obviously making the playoffs would be amazing, but the run we are on is just great. If the right outcomes happen then The Pittsburgh game on Tuesday will be insane.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Cameron cuts the time of people who take penalties. I knew once Hoffman got the penalty he wouldn't see much rest of the game.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Anyone else think Karlsson had a bad game defensively or is it just me.

He did. He played Ovechkin horribly in the second period, and then on the third goal, he could have played it differently. I'd say it was one of his worst game recently.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Cameron cuts the time of people who take penalties. I knew once Hoffman got the penalty he wouldn't see much rest of the game.

If that's the reaso then Cameron is an idiot

That was a weak, weak call

It's probably more to do with his play which was uninspired tonight

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Depends on how you look at the season. Yes, there are definitely critical games and how you play in them are important. However, you can also look at the season as a series of 10 or 20 game blocks where you want the team to pick up x amount of point in a given block to reach a particular goal.

When you look at the season as groups of games it looks at a big picture and takes into account that sometimes the team will come up flat, get bad bounces, run into a hot goalie, etc. That happens to all teams.

During the streak we got a lot of bounces and timely saves that our goalie probably couldn't duplicate today more than 2 times out of 10. That was never going to continue, and we were always going to fall back to Earth to some degree. It is like being on a rush where you win 15 hands in a row in poker. You could be upset at being beaten by a lucky river card in the 16th hand if you were focused only on that hand, but it really would be ignoring the big picture.

In the spirit of the analogy

The way I see it I'm not angry over the team losing on the river, I'm angry to the team misreading a clear signal prior to the river.

Like I said I have no qualms with the loses to Boston where we played well and lost to a hot goalie or to the Rangers who outclassed us in every single way on top of our goalie being hurt

I do take exception to loses that come on the back of poorly played games. If the team had played well and lost to Toronto and Florida then so be it, loses happen. Poor play at crunch time though? That's simply not acceptable.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
In the spirit of the analogy

The way I see it I'm not angry over the team losing on the river, I'm angry to the team misreading a clear signal prior to the river.

Like I said I have no qualms with the loses to Boston where we played well and lost to a hot goalie or to the Rangers who outclassed us in every single way on top of our goalie being hurt

I do take exception to loses that come on the back of poorly played games. If the team had played well and lost to Toronto and Florida then so be it, loses happen. Poor play at crunch time though? That's simply not acceptable.

How often do you expect a team to play poorly or come out flat in a stretch of about 25 games? Even an elite Stanley Cup contending team?

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Yep.

We can't realistically ask this team to do any more than they have... I mean... we are 20-4-3 over our last 27 games.

Let me repeat that, in larger, bolder and more impactful font, so that nobody can miss it:

Our record over the last 27 games is 20-4-3

So when I hear people talk about "that one loss in Boston", or "the recent game against the Panthers" as the reason why we're not in a playoff spot, I can't do anything but shake my head and laugh. What about the stretch between Dec 22 and Jan 8th, where we went 2-4-2? Or the stretch from Jan17-Feb7 where we went 2-5-1? Or the Nov8-Dec4 stretch where we went 3-7-3?

That anyone is nitpicking ANYTHING in a 20-4-3 run as the reason why we might miss the playoffs is crazy bananapants.

so ****.... this :dm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
How often do you expect a team to play poorly or come out flat in a stretch of about 25 games? Even an elite Stanley Cup contending team?

Teams have bad games, even the greatest ones do, I know that

Just because there are good reasons for something happening doesn't make it right

You can say they were due for a bad game, sure, but that doesn't make the loss any less impactful

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
I'm only entertaining an Andy start scenario if he's feeling better than Hammond, otherwise I agree. Hammond should stay in unless he either can't health-wise, or loses a game badly.

Hammond starts no question. Andy blew the last game against the Laffs. I think we'll see a different Ottawa team tomorrow and beat the **** out of Toronto! :nod:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
Teams have bad games, even the greatest ones do, I know that

Just because there are good reasons for something happening doesn't make it right

You can say they were due for a bad game, sure, but that doesn't make the loss any less impactful

Speaking as a person who has an irrational hatred of the Leafs, and who hates the fact that they beat us in a game where we were 2 goals up, I'm not going to press the point further because I get where you are coming from. Just understand that at the end of the day (or the season in the case of sports) all Ws count for the same, as do all Ls.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if the loser point has something to do with the fact that teams sit on leads being that if the team does in fact screw up the lead and go to overtime, they at least get a point out of it.

Take away the loser point and you might see teams not sit back while in the lead.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Speaking as a person who has an irrational hatred of the Leafs, and who hates the fact that they beat us in a game where we were 2 goals up, I'm not going to press the point further because I get where you are coming from. Just understand that at the end of the day (or the season in the case of sports) all Ws count for the same, as do all Ls.

I also get where you are coming but it's too detached for me

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It may be too detached for you, but it's the truth nonetheless. Your perception of events does not affect the events themselves in any way.

It is a method of observation

It isn't any more true than getting angry about it

I'm not denying anything: I'm saying I'm pissed about it

Courty

Apr 13, 2007
If we win out we will almost certainly make the playoffs. Easier said than done though, the season might come down to that final game in Philadelphia. Obviously making the playoffs would be amazing, but the run we are on is just great. If the right outcomes happen then The Pittsburgh game on Tuesday will be insane.

The last week of games in the East will be insane! Between Ottawa, Boston, Pittsburg, Detroit and Washington all essentially battling point by point for the last playoff spots in the conference. I'm super excited/nervous to see what happens.

We need Boston to loose at least one game before the last game of the season, otherwise they beat us in ROW. Given that we keep winning and so does Boston, then it will probably come down to the outcome of the Boston/Tampa game...super stressful!

Anything can happen, regardless the last month of senators hockey has been amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad