GDT: Capitals @ Senators - 7:00 pm EST - Capital Gains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Being close to a 100pt pace means being close to contending. Playoffs or not, that's fine by me, especially with such a young team.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It is a method of observation

No one is disputing that. We are just saying that it is probably the single most pessimistic possible way that one could observe the Ottawa Senators lately.

You're like the guy who complains to the manager that the bartender was a centimeter short of filling the glass to the serving line on your free beer.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
No one is disputing that. We are just saying that it is probably the single most pessimistic possible way that one could observe the Ottawa Senators lately.

You're like the guy who complains that the bartender was a centimeter short of filling the glass to the serving line on your free beer.

Enough with the analogies

Please

All I'm asking is you don't berate people who get angry at the team for losing key games due to playing like ass and ascribe me some kind of twisted nihilistic thought pattern that said anger must mean that I'm pissed that the team lost at all

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Blowing leads is pretty common in today's NHL, it's not a Cameron trait. Plus blowing a lead is way more on the players than the coach.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Enough with the analogies

Please

All I'm asking is you don't berate people who get angry at the team for losing key games due to playing like ass and ascribe me some kind of twisted nihilistic thought pattern that said anger must mean that I'm pissed that the team lost at all

When you start getting as angry about the many losses during our entire run from Oct-Jan as you are one or two games in March, then I'll stop with the analogies.

... well, no, I probably won't stop with the analogies, but I'll at least stop being critical of a very short-sighted viewpoint. The analogies stay, as my sarcasm/analogistic hybrid engine requires both for me to function properly. My internal programming needs a healthy mix of both - without them, I'd be just like that robot kid from that movie A.I. - sitting on the bottom of the ocean forever, without power, waiting for a new silicone-based lifeform to rescue me after the next ice-age.

Until then, you're not being fair at all in your analysis of this team.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
When you start getting as angry about the many losses during our entire run from Oct-Jan as you are one or two games in March, then I'll stop with the analogies.

Until then, you're not being fair at all in your analysis of this team.

How do you derive an analysis of the team from my anger that they blew a big chance?

The team is mostly fine: lots of good young players having great years, a bit of a question mark between the pipes but it's Ottawa so it's expected, we still need another top 4 D

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Why are people telling DMST how to feel?

Anyway, watched this in a bar in Montreal; and for some reason other people were also rooting for the Sens there, which was very cool when we all celebrated Turris' goal.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Why are people telling DMST how to feel?

Sorry, is that what we're doing?

I just don't like the ANALYSIS that the losses to Fla & Toronto somehow are the reason we might miss the playoffs.

If we're just talking about feelings, I really don't care to argue that. Whatever. If that's what this has been about all this time, then I rescind whatever I was saying - DMST can feel however he wants, but I'll stand by the analytical part of my argument.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
No, what you are doing is trying to deduce some kind of larger pattern out of my comments

I think I've been fairly consistent: what I'm pissed about is that the team blew two very important games due to playing like garbage after getting the playoff spot

If we miss the playoffs those losses will definitely sting more than most

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think he's just venting that we stopped winning as soon as we ended up in the playoff spot, and unfortunately one of the losses took place against our long-time nemesis, the Leafs, and especially aggravating given how crappy they are right now and how the game went. I can see why someone would be PO'd at that.

Sure, it may not be a rational stance when you take a 10,000 ft view of things, but we're not computers.

edit: there you go.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think I've been fairly consistent: what I'm pissed about is that the team blew two very important games due to playing like garbage after getting the playoff spot

And I think that your expectations are wildly out of check if you get overly upset at a team for losing a couple of games after going 17-1-3 over their past 21 games, regardless of who their opponents are.

So we are at odds here.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
As i said before, i knew the win streak was unsustainable and i knew we would lose eventaully. But losing to the Leafs when we had a 2 goal lead twice in that game is upsetting any way you put it.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Again you are glossing over what I'm most pissed about

POOR PLAY and WE HAD A PLAYOFF SPOT

And you are glossing over my main point:

THE ENTIRE 72 GAMES WE PLAYED BEFORE WE HAD THAT PLAYOFF SPOT and THE CONTEXT THAT THOSE 72 GAMES PROVIDES WITH WHICH TO ANALYZE THE CONDITIONS IN WHICH WE LOST THAT PLAYOFF SPOT.

The season is not 10 games long.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
How about the Turris breakaway in OT? That Turris began with a steal himself. At the game at the Sens end... As soon as he got free I knew he would score on the breakaway. There are many great moments of this season and in Sens history... Watching Turris on the break... Checking over his shoulder and knowing he had a straightout breakaway... Scoring in OT. That is one of the memorable moments in Team history.

Xamar*

How about the Turris breakaway in OT? That Turris began with a steal himself. At the game at the Sens end... As soon as he got free I knew he would score on the breakaway. There are many great moments of this season and in Sens history... Watching Turris on the break... Checking over his shoulder and knowing he had a straightout breakaway... Scoring in OT. That is one of the memorable moments in Team history.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

It's funny. Been watching Stone fairly closely over the last month just to get a gleam of his anticipations/takeaway skills. I think he is rubbing off on the team a bit.

Not only did Turris make that beauty steal, but I noticed at least 4 other guys (not named Stone or Turris) that had some beauty takeaways as well. I do believe Ryan was one along the boards, and one of our D had a nifty steal...and a few others. Hockey IQ is a skill that than be improved upon, and I think the guys are watching and learning from one another a little bit out there.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Fun game. Had excellent seats for this one, it really made me appreciate Stone even more. His relentless forecheck causes the opposing D to hurry up their decision making too much, he was really ticking them off.

I was told Ovechkin had become better defensively, he hasn't, still very much an opportunist.

IMG_2059_zpsannqtorj.jpg

IMG_2071_zpsa1owgwqf.jpg

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Fun game. Had excellent seats for this one, it really made me appreciate Stone even more. His relentless forecheck causes the opposing D to hurry up their decision making too much, he was really ticking them off.

I was told Ovechkin had become better defensively, he hasn't, still very much an opportunist.

IMG_2059_zpsannqtorj.jpg

IMG_2071_zpsa1owgwqf.jpg

were you behind the net for the turris goal?

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

This has to be the best sentence I've ever read at HFBoards.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
It's funny. Been watching Stone fairly closely over the last month just to get a gleam of his anticipations/takeaway skills. I think he is rubbing off on the team a bit.

Not only did Turris make that beauty steal, but I noticed at least 4 other guys (not named Stone or Turris) that had some beauty takeaways as well. I do believe Ryan was one along the boards, and one of our D had a nifty steal...and a few others. Hockey IQ is a skill that than be improved upon, and I think the guys are watching and learning from one another a little bit out there.

Basically the entire team is playing a 200 foot game, consistently. It is pretty unbelievable how they are able to turn on the burners and completely out play higher ranked teams, night after night. Even Smith looked capable last night.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
watched the game last night. have to say it was an exciting win for you guys. the caps second goal was sketchy but it was nice to see you guys pull it off. Like the youth and finesse of your team. Can see Ottawa and Wpg being very good in the next few years.

Keep up the assault and hopefully boston drops a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad