GDT: Capitals @ Senators - 7:00 pm EST - Capital Gains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
My reasoning is outrageous?

We don't have a great track record at the ACC, it's a back-to-back (for both teams) and the team was clearly getting tired by the end of tonight's game

We can still win and I'm praying they do. I just don't think it's very likely

Boston had 50+ shots on net tonight and that's not even including both missed and blocked shots as well. I didn't watch the game, but it sounds like Toronto was chasing all night long. Both teams will be tired tomorrow.

MusicTeacher

Mar 10, 2008
You're all right that it would cheapen the on-ice product if it was ever proved that something ex-cathedra was tilting the ice. (I certainly hope the isn't the case.) I just have a hunch that Ottawa will make the playoffs and the media will eat it up because of how the team overcame such long odds.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
whatever helps you feel better i guess

i've been posting on here all year, even when things were at their worst

conspiracy bs

it's discouraging that people still believe this nonsense

from what i understand tv ratings in canada haven't been very good due to toronto being awful. I'm sure the nhl would love to get some good tv ratings that comes along with canadian teams in the playoffs
View attachment 81127

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
honestly i wouldnt mind getting greening in the lineup tomorrow, just as fresh legs

Kanata

Oct 16, 2014
Why oh why is Hoffman not playing with Ryan? Hoffman has basically had his balls cut off by Cameron and ever since Ryan has been cold too. This is just beyond a freakin joke now.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Whatever helps you feel better I guess

I've been posting on here all year, even when things were at their worst

Conspiracy BS

It's discouraging that people still believe this nonsense

From what I understand TV ratings in Canada haven't been very good due to Toronto being awful. I'm sure the NHL would love to get some good TV ratings that comes along with Canadian teams in the playoffs

I'm not saying it is rigged. I am just saying there are teams that make more money for the league than others when they are good.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Why oh why is Hoffman not playing with Ryan? Hoffman has basically had his balls cut off by Cameron and ever since Ryan has been cold too. This is just beyond a freakin joke now.

Because he wants that line to crash the net and Smith is decent at that

Also Hoffman gets minutes when he isn't playing poorly, which wasn't tonight. He got plenty of minutes against Tampa when he was playing well

I'm not saying it is rigged. I am just saying there are teams that make more money for the league than others when they are good.

And the sky is blue. What's the point of saying that there are teams that generate more money than others?

Senovision

May 23, 2011
LOL I couldn't resist, if we beat the Leafs, and the Pens lose to Philly and we beat the Pens on Tuesday night we could be in a playoff spot at least for Tuesday night.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

They both are very weak on the puck and never win any battles. Doubt they would click together right now.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Because he wants that line to crash the net and Smith is decent at that

Also Hoffman gets minutes when he isn't playing poorly, which wasn't tonight. He got plenty of minutes against Tampa when he was playing well

And the sky is blue. What's the point of saying that there are teams that generate more money than others?

Because I am defending my position that the league would prefer Boston/Detroit/Pittsburgh in the playoffs over Ottawa. Not saying they rig it or influence games in any way though.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I thought Smith had a decent game, same with Ryan

I know

Ryan moreso to me because Smith made a few really boneheaded mistakes but he's there to do one thing: make that line more physical and it's sort of working

Zibanejad wasn't very noticeable tonight unfortunately

Because I am defending my position that the league would prefer Boston/Detroit/Pittsburgh in the playoffs over Ottawa. Not saying they rig it or influence games in any way though.

The League prefers to make more money, and particularly likes outcomes that have it maximizing it's revenues; I think we all know that. So what's the point of saying that the League likes to make money if you aren't implying something sinistre? What position is there to defend?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Smith has had an odd man rush chance every game hes played. Just fumbles them... At least he creating something. I think hes skating very well and playing physical enough....just looks lost on the LW

yogibear

Mar 21, 2007
Ottawa/Gatineau
Still alive. The SO in Minnesota was horrible. It took 7 or 8 shooters.

Ah well, it feels like a game 7 every night for the Sens. If only Boston, Detroit or Pitt can collapse...

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

Yes it is a joke and not a funny one.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I know

Ryan moreso to me because Smith made a few really boneheaded mistakes but he's there to do one thing: make that line more physical and it's sort of working

Zibanejad wasn't very noticeable tonight unfortunately

The League prefers to make more money, and particularly likes outcomes that have it maximizing it's revenues; I think we all know that. So what's the point of saying that the League likes to make money if you aren't implying something sinistre? What position is there to defend?

My opinion that the NHL would rather see certain teams in the playoffs. They can cheer (behind closed doors) without tampering. I am only defending my opinion because it was called "a conspiracy".

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I know I called it conspiracy, that was because I didn't think you were just saying "the NHL likes to make money" which is obvious

Anyway, it's all good.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hoffman had 2 shifts in 3rd period.

In one of them he almost scored.

Lmao, him not on Zib's line is a joke. That line carried us for majority of the crazy run a couple weeks back.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The only reason Smith is getting some chances, is that he's playing with Zibby and Ryan. He cant finish any of them though, so he's a total waste on that line. I'll repeat it until I'm red in the face: GET HOFFMAN BACK ON THAT LINE.

Ooh Lazar*

Just back from the game...Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Shame about the other scores.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Another heart attack inducing game that I just came back from and now remain undefeated in OT at the CTC. The atmosphere is electric since games actually have some meaning for once and it doesn't hurt that you can hear the RSU crowd (319) from almost anywhere in the arena.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
All they can do is win. They dug themselves this hole early this year so they have to play every game like it's Game 7.

The old adage of "2 points in November are worth the same as in April" holds true.

Yep.

We can't realistically ask this team to do any more than they have... I mean... we are 20-4-3 over our last 27 games.

Let me repeat that, in larger, bolder and more impactful font, so that nobody can miss it:

Our record over the last 27 games is 20-4-3

So when I hear people talk about "that one loss in Boston", or "the recent game against the Panthers" as the reason why we're not in a playoff spot, I can't do anything but shake my head and laugh. What about the stretch between Dec 22 and Jan 8th, where we went 2-4-2? Or the stretch from Jan17-Feb7 where we went 2-5-1? Or the Nov8-Dec4 stretch where we went 3-7-3?

That anyone is nitpicking ANYTHING in a 20-4-3 run as the reason why we might miss the playoffs is crazy bananapants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad