GDT: Capitals @ Senators - 7:00 pm EST - Capital Gains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Nope.

Unless Hammond is hurt he should get the rest of the games this season.

I'm only entertaining an Andy start scenario if he's feeling better than Hammond, otherwise I agree. Hammond should stay in unless he either can't health-wise, or loses a game badly.

MusicTeacher

Mar 10, 2008
I think having a couple of fresher legs - Greening and Cowen - might be the right thing to do on b2b. They are both big and can lean on some tired Leafs and slow them down.

If the coach is so unhappy with Hoffman, put him in the pressbox to get some perspective. Otherwise, give him a chance with his regular linemates.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I think having a couple of fresher legs - Greening and Cowen - might be the right thing to do on b2b. They are both big and can lean on some tired Leafs and slow them down.

If the coach is so unhappy with Hoffman, put him in the pressbox to get some perspective. Otherwise, give him a chance with his regular linemates.

Let's not put Greening and/or Cowen in, or put Hoffman in the pressbox.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Greening shouldn't see ice ever again with this team, no matter the scenario, especially with us already having to watch Smith every night already.

And I love what Cameron's done with this team but his dislike of Hoffman needs to end. Hoffman hasn't done anything to deserve this treatment. It's blind hatred at this point if you ask me.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
We need to win the next 2 games. We have to beat Pittsburgh for sure.

MusicTeacher

Mar 10, 2008
Let's not put Greening and/or Cowen in, or put Hoffman in the pressbox.

Cowen over Gryba could make sense. Gryba looks slow and can't seem to get the puck out of our end when hemmed in by the other team.

Greening - well he can be fast and plays a north-south game...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yep.

We can't realistically ask this team to do any more than they have... I mean... we are 20-4-3 over our last 27 games.

Let me repeat that, in larger, bolder and more impactful font, so that nobody can miss it:

Our record over the last 27 games is 20-4-3

So when I hear people talk about "that one loss in Boston", or "the recent game against the Panthers" as the reason why we're not in a playoff spot, I can't do anything but shake my head and laugh. What about the stretch between Dec 22 and Jan 8th, where we went 2-4-2? Or the stretch from Jan17-Feb7 where we went 2-5-1? Or the Nov8-Dec4 stretch where we went 3-7-3?

That anyone is nitpicking ANYTHING in a 20-4-3 run as the reason why we might miss the playoffs is crazy bananapants.

You're not being fair

The team crapped the bed once they got the playoff spot and that's pretty lame

The run has been incredible and bodes well for the future but to say that there is no grounds for complaints is presumptuous and, in my opinion, completely false

Agains I'm forced to clarify that there is losing like we did to the Rangers which was a tough game against the cream of the crop where our goalie was hurt or the 3-1 loss to Boston where the team played well but Rask was great and then there's losing like we did against Toronto by blowing two two-goal leads and not showing up against Florida

Yes if we miss the playoffs it will be because of all the losses but the losses that came after we got the playoff spot after playing very poorly leave a very poor taste in the mouth and I'd appreciate it very much if you didn't take offense to people venting about them

Just because I, amongst others, complain about a few losses doesn't mean I don't think this team doesn't have a solid foundation or that the run hasn't been historical. It just means that falling short sucks, and especially so when we had the playoff spot that was sought after.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Definitely put Cowen in for Gryba. That should be an obvious decision, but the coach loves Grybs however badly he plays.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
that goal by Turris in OT was ****ing balls BALLS! giant ones

i dont care it's probably horrible for habs if Sens get in but please do somehow

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hoffman hasn't done anything to deserve this treatment. It's blind hatred at this point if you ask me.

L'Av... sometimes I love your posts, but then you go and write something like this, and I don't even know where to start.

I love you buddy, but let's keep the conspiracy stuff to a minimum while we're still winning games, ok? Save this kind of low-percentage speculation for our next losing streak - it'll fit in far better with the tone around here when we get to that point.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You're not being fair

I'M not being fair?

I'm not being fair... for not expecting this team to have a better record than 20-4-3 over a 27 game stretch? I'm not being fair because I think 20-4-3 is entirely reasonable and probably a best-case scenario and more than we could have ever realistically asked for in our wildest dreams, that makes me NOT fair, and yet asking for more from this team is somehow reasonable? Being elated that we have been able to put up the single best winning percentage in the entire league over a 27 game stretch to finish the year ISN'T fair, and being angry that the team couldn't squeeze more blood out of a stone IS fair?

Un-huh. Ok there, chief. Whatever you say.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'M not being fair?

I'm not being fair... for not expecting this team to have a better record than 20-4-3 over a 27 game stretch? I'm not being fair because I think 20-4-3 is entirely reasonable and probably a best-case scenario and more than we could have ever realistically asked for in our wildest dreams, that makes me NOT fair, and yet asking for more from this team is somehow reasonable? Being elated that we have been able to put up the single best winning percentage in the entire league over a 27 game stretch to finish the year ISN'T fair, and being angry that the team couldn't squeeze more blood out of a stone IS fair?

Un-huh. Ok there, chief. Whatever you say.

You're not being fair because no one here expects this team to have a better record than they currently have and no one expects this team to go 27-0 rather than 20-4-3

What some of us are angry about is how they lost key games after they got the playoff spot

You're not being fair because you seem to believe that people being pissed at the team for not showing up at critical times after the playoff spot was reached means something it does not

Again, what is it with people trying to read between the lines? This is a message boad, we just post what we think. If I say "Man I'm bummed that the team crapped the bed against Toronto" it means just that; not "Man this team sucks! How could they not win every game?" yet you ascribe that pattern of thought to anyone you disagree with and that's not fair

And you know why I'm saying that? Because you're better than that

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
L'Av... sometimes I love your posts, but then you go and write something like this, and I don't even know where to start.

I love you buddy, but let's keep the conspiracy stuff to a minimum while we're still winning games, ok? Save this kind of low-percentage speculation for our next losing streak - it'll fit in far better with the tone around here when we get to that point.

I've tried watching more closely to see exactly why Hoffman gets demoted and sees so little icetime, and I just can't figure it out. He doesn't make many dumb plays, he seems to shoot more, and his defensive game doesn't suck at all. Sure, he gets fancy here and there, but considering how much Ryan and ZBad are struggling right now playing with Smith, I don't see the harm in reuniting that line for a game.

So yeah, I do think Cameron just doesn't like Hoffman's style with no real logic behind it, and while "hatred" might be an exaggeration, there's no denying he's crapping on a guy that doesn't deserve it. Especially when you consider who his replacement is on the 1st line.

It's not speculation buddy, it's observation.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hoffman has been making bad decisions with the puck lately. Trying to do everythign himself instead of using his linemates. That could be why Cameron moved him....I dunno. But I can see why the coaching staff would have an issue with that kind of play. Hoff is a great goal-scorer, but he has to reduce that tunnel vision a bit more....especially now that other teams are starting to cover him more closely.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I just sort of knew we were somehow going to blow that 3-0 lead.

Anyways, nice win.

But can we get any help on the scoreboard?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hoffman has been making bad decisions with the puck lately. Trying to do everythign himself instead of using his linemates. That could be why Cameron moved him....I dunno. But I can see why the coaching staff would have an issue with that kind of play. Hoff is a great goal-scorer, but he has to reduce that tunnel vision a bit more....especially now that other teams are starting to cover him more closely.

He played 17 minutes against Tampa and he was playing well

He got 10 minutes tonight and he wasn't playing well

It's pretty straight forward stuff, I'm not sure why people are making a fuss over it

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I've tried watching more closely to see exactly why Hoffman gets demoted and sees so little icetime, and I just can't figure it out

Well, he's been a massive puck-hog lately, and ruining offensive chances and offensive zone possessions by insisting on taking low-percentage shots from bad areas on the ice and giving up the puck as a result. No one else on his line has been getting chances while he's out there because he's trying for some reason to do his best Sergei Berezin impression lately.

That's a pretty big one, IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad