Confirmed with Link: Capitals Re-sign Dmitry Orlov (2 years, 2M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Mike Vogel ‏@VogsCaps 8m
#Caps have signed D Dmitry Orlov to 2-yr contract extension at annual cap hit of $2 mil. Earns $1.75 mil in 2014-15 and $2.25 mil in '15-16.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Is that about right for a 22 year old with 100 GP? Seems high.
I was thinking that as well...but he's a flight risk. And with plenty of potential.

I'm ok with it (when thinking of what they gave Schultz in comparison).

Now just fire Calle and get him back on the right developmental path.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Makes the Schultz deal look even worse but OK by me. I'm not a fine print guy when it comes to these player contracts but this seems like a good deal for a young RFA d-man with potential to be a dynamic 2-way player.

The timing does make me wonder about GMGM's plans to stay or go now.

OVs Gold Chain*

He's shown some great skill at carrying the puck and zone entry but we need to hire someone better than Calle asap so he can learn to be more consistent in his own zone

Bdravens

Jan 28, 2014
Maryland
Glad to see him coming back. As long as Oates continues playing him (or the next coach if he's canned), he isn't going to the KHL. For his potential and skill, good deal.

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
probably Calle is a bad teacher for our D youth. Orlov still makes huge amount of mistakes but with a better coach he would develop more quickly.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Glad to see this questioned answered early. Okay deal, our young D are all signed for nice contracts now.
Now just move him to the right aside and hire real coaching staff.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Seems like a decent deal. He has a lot of untapped offensive potential.

If we made the playoffs, I would like to see an inverted/alternate formation PP2 with him up top.

I think a montage of Calle's in game interviews would be interesting. Ok more awkward and embarrassing, and should help get JJ back.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Happy with Orlov re-signing for a couple of season. Offensive skills due pop out. Sure he makes some mistakes defensively but with his age and experience thats to be expected. Playing with Green does not help on that much, heh.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Despite his boneheaded mistakes he shows a real upside and offensive smarts. Liked his play the other night to draw a too many men penalty on the opposition.

Truly wish they could get a "Hamrlik" type d-man for him to learn from instead of Green. At least switch up what they have.

Alzner - Green
Orlov - Carlson
whatever - whatever

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Alzner - Green
Orlov - Carlson
whatever - whatever

I like these pairings too because whoever is with Green is going to have to do some heavy lifting and Alzner is best suited for that. Green should be paired with the best defensive defenseman IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad