Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - December 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Trautwig just said there won't be practice tomorrow. He sounded really surprised, shocked almost.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
AV never gets too High or too low. I dont know how he stays so even keel

It's gotta be the gum chewing. Guy chews more gum than I've ever seen a person chew. Helps him stay calm even in the toughest times. :laugh:

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Klein's play this season is reflected in his stats, so, Idk

The point made 2 years ago was that the team he was on, the quality of his teammates, the game situations he was put in, etc... were what were represented in his ****** advanced stats. That none of the above would be equivalent w/ NYR, and so the use of the advanced stats to say he would regress from his performance in the first postseason with NYR was ridiculous.

It was dismissed. And people said he was garbage. Because they only looked at the advanced stats.

And now, in an incredibly disingenuous move, the argument is that his play improved which is why his advanced stats improved. Sorry. It didn't in any significant way. The people saying that didn't actually watch him in Nashville. What a joke.

The same argument was being made about G the last few seasons (not going to argue this season because he's been admittedly meh). With advanced stats, context matters. But too often it gets brushed off. Whatever.

RangerFan23

Jul 28, 2010
Teams go through ups and downs. You're never as good as you look at your best or as bad as you look at your worst. Does anyone have the stats on our worst stretches of season over the past 4-5 years?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Amazing how Ovechkin did not register a point at even strength tonight. I thought that was because of how awesome our epic defensemen Dan Girardi is against him. How did Ovechkin get shutdown so hard tonight at even strength without him?

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Amazing how Ovechkin did not register a point at even strength tonight. I thought that was because of how awesome our epic defensemen Dan Girardi is against him. How did Ovechkin get shutdown so hard tonight at even strength without him?

How'd he do on the PP? How about Washington as a whole on their PP? Where even Danny G's detractors admit G has value. Oh, it doesn't fit your narrative.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
You are right. The team is going in the right direction. Why not keep it the same? Might get us the #1C we need if we get a chance to draft Matthews.

Can't say I'm surprised you're defending Girardi's horrendous play, considering you're the guy in trade threads that says he's worth 1st round picks and top prospects. He's not a good hockey player, plain and simple. But go ahead and continue to believe he is. Whatever helps you feel better

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lol... That's such a over statement

I don't agree. 99% of the world would push the wrong buttons in a situation like this, whether its with their statements to the media or the team. AV has a history of being a top coach in the NHL. His calm approach has worked excellently in his career.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And 12 goals in 2 games with him?

How can I even argue with rhetoric like this? You are taking probably the two worst games of his career where he was playing with a long-term injury that anyone can see impacted his ability to play effectively in. Thats the argument you put forward? Come on, you are better than that.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
How'd he do on the PP? How about Washington as a whole on their PP? Where even Danny G's detractors admit G has value. Oh, it doesn't fit your narrative. Sorry, forgot. Always fair and balanced.

Given recent history this ain't much of a positive for Girardi.

4/11/2015 - PPG x1

3/29/2015 - ES x1 PPG x1

3/11/2015 - PPG x1

12/23/2014 - PPG x1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad