Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - December 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Call Girardi garbage all you want, but its becoming abundantly clear that this team is better with a healthy Girardi in the lineup vs. not.

The "anyone but Girardi" movement has been smashed to pieces.

bigbuffalo313

Apr 28, 2012
New York
But didn't analytics say the problem was Girardi? Without him, some said we'd play a lot better. One even said he's the worst player in the NHL, or maybe it was the worst defenseman.

At the very least, those clamoring for a reduction in role for Girardi should ****. The last few games has proven we got absolutely nothing on the right side without Klein and Girardi besides a rookie who can only play sheltered minutes.

Also, a game like this where we dominate in corsi, allow terrific chances, despite not giving up that many and get terrible defense to allow those great chances and to prevent those chances shows a flaw in advanced stats.

This game proves the flaw in advanced stats? Really? The fact that the two current teams that are the closest to becoming dynasties and have combined for 5 of the last 6 Cups are great at advanced stats does not prove the usefulness of them, this one game does? Really?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Call Girardi garbage all you want, but its becoming abundantly clear that this team is better with a healthy Girardi in the lineup vs. not.

You are in every thread claiming this entire team is bad, and you're mostly right. Almost everyone has been very bad. On the other hand you are willing to take a handful of games from an entire team playing like crap, and use that to "smash the pieces" the idea that this team is better without Girardi.

This team was playing better with Girardi? Really? They look almost exactly the same to me. All this really small sample size tells us is that Girardi is only one of many problems. Something most of us never denied.

What happens if Klein comes back and they win three in a row? Will your tune change to this team is better without Girardi? I don't think it will. Probably because you know that a sample size that small is woefully inadequate to arrive at that conclusion, but here you are anyway using it to try and say the opposite.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
you guys need to relax...with the score 3-1 Derek stepan missed a wide open net because his timing is off by missing 11 games...if he pots that one in its 4-1 rangers and the game would taken a different turn...crap happens...we will beat the ducks who will be playing on a back to back and all will be well:handclap:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
you guys need to relax...with the score 3-1 Derek stepan missed a wide open net because his timing is off by missing 11 games...if he pots that one in its 4-1 rangers and the game would taken a different turn...crap happens...we will beat the ducks who will be playing on a back to back and all will be well:handclap:

Yeah, they would've lost 7-4 instead of 7-3.

Lets not fool ourselves and say one play here or there was a turning point. This team, and their team defense in particular, is an abomination.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
You are in every thread claiming this entire team is bad, and you're mostly right. Almost everyone has been very bad. On the other hand you are willing to take a handful of games from an entire team playing like crap, and use that to "smash the pieces" the idea that this team is better without Girardi.

This team was playing better with Girardi? Really? They look almost exactly the same to me. All this really small sample size tells us is that Girardi is only one of many problems. Something most of us never denied.

What happens if Klein comes back and they win three in a row? Will your tune change to this team is better without Girardi? I don't think it will. Probably because you know that a sample size that small is woefully inadequate to arrive at that conclusion, but here you are anyway using it to try and say the opposite.

You got what you wanted. He's out of the lineup. You and the other zealots insisted that simply deleting him from the lineup would make the Rangers better. Here we are.

I dont think he's played well at all. But Im not dense enough to believe things couldnt get worse.

ThatsNashty61*

Girardi should be sitting in the press box when he gets back. He's absolutely abysmal

No he's not. He's had a tough time early this year but he defends better than Staal, Boyle and Yandle to name a few. Staal may be the worst defenseman in the league right now. Summers doesn't belong in the league. Skjei had a rough game and he is dispatched to Hartford for cap reasons cause we have Glass up for no reason at all. AV will either adjust the defensive system or this team filled with poor defensive centers (Step aside) will continue to give up goals; and Hank looks lost.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
No he's not. He's had a tough time early this year but he defends better than Staal, Boyle and Yandle to name a few. Staal may be the worst defenseman in the league right now. Summers doesn't belong in the league. Skjei had a rough game and he is dispatched to Hartford for cap reasons cause we have Glass up for no reason at all. AV will either adjust the defensive system or this team filled with poor defensive centers (Step aside) will continue to give up goals; and Hank looks lost.

Please stop with this BS now. He's not even close to being the defenseman that Yandle is. Do not give me the garbage that he "defends" better because he doesn't. Getting the puck out and making the first pass effortlessly is an order of magnitude more important to better defense than shot blocking and throwing it up the boards to no one.

I14Green

Nov 19, 2015
NEW YORK
Hayes is having a Del Zotto-esque sophomore season, he thinks he's hot **** after a good rookie year and is going through the motions. Del Zotto got sent down during his sophomore year and so should Hayes if this keeps up, but I doubt AV will resort to such a drastic measure.

I agree that among other problems Hayes has been bad. I think AV should send him down as a wake up call.

Other topics :

Henrik -
Not that I am blaming Henrik 100%, although he has been bad - the team has a lot of problems as of late.

Is it possible Henrik is hurt ? He seems to have less flexibility and movement than normal. Seems stiff.

Nash - Wow guy is in slow motion. Is it that he is getting more attention from our opponents defense after last year or that he just went over the cliff and it's time to stick a fork in em

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I agree that among other problems Hayes has been bad. I think AV should send him down as a wake up call.

Other topics :

Henrik -
Not that I am blaming Henrik 100%, although he has been bad - the team has a lot of problems as of late.

Is it possible Henrik is hurt ? He seems to have less flexibility and movement than normal. Seems stiff.

Nash - Wow guy is in slow motion. Is it that he is getting more attention from our opponents defense after last year or that he just went over the cliff and it's time to stick a fork in em

Hayes is waiver eligible. There is no way he is sent anywhere because he would be claimed by the first team on the wire.

Girardi is awful and this teams problems were just as evident with him as they were without.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
You got what you wanted. He's out of the lineup. You and the other zealots insisted that simply deleting him from the lineup would make the Rangers better. Here we are.

I dont think he's played well at all. But Im not dense enough to believe things couldnt get worse.

In the long term, removing him is the right move. The entire team is bad right now, how could possibly expect to see a net gain under these circumstances? No matter how bad this team gets, I still wouldn't bring him back in to the line-up. I'm not dense enough to believe that a bad team, playing poorly, including the all-star goaltender, signifies that Dan Girardi actually makes this team better.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Just have to finish ahead of Devils or Flyers to make the playoffs....can that be accomplished ?

And Penguins. We could theoretically come in 4th in the division and not make the playoffs, if 4 and 5 in the Atlantic are both above us.

Not that it will matter, the Islanders would surely beat us if this is the team they're going to see in the playoffs, honestly the Islanders breaking their 22 year playoff series win drought vs. the Rangers would be almost as bad as not making the playoffs, maybe even worse.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Damn, I had no idea 4 games was more than enough to trump 3 seasons worth of Girard i related misery.

**** sample sizes!

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Sorry to be another one that brings up Girardi...

The problem I have with posters here is if the Rangers won the last 4 games letting 2 goals or less every game, we'd have a lot of "Told you! get rid of Girardi and the team is 10X better!" But the opposite is happening and now excuses keep falling instead of crediting Girardi for MAYBE being better than a lot of people thought

I think Girardi coming back will help a lot because 1. He's way better than Summers 2. It balances the lineup

Mcdonagh-Girardi
Yandle- MCIlrath
Staal Boyle

looks way better than

Staal-McDonagh
Yandle-Mc
Summers-Boyle

Then when Klein comes back, this D will be back to being a lot better and hopefully will make Lundqvist a lot more comfortable. He hasn't looked too great but can't blame the guy seeing some of these horrible defensive breakdowns. It's a midseason slump. It's gonna be ok. We don't need to trade our future in Kreider, Hayes, Miller, etc. Some people never learn from the past. We've traded enough of our future and trading any of those guys will make the organization pay for years to come

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

The problem I have with posters here is if the Rangers won the last 4 games letting 2 goals or less every game, we'd have a lot of "Told you! get rid of Girardi and the team is 10X better!" But the opposite is happening and now excuses keep falling instead of crediting Girardi for MAYBE being better than a lot of people thought

And that's mean while it's just dandy that Girardis fanclub are doing the I told you so dance with him being hurt, right?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

I think Girardi coming back will help a lot because 1. He's way better than Summers 2. It balances the lineup

Mcdonagh-Girardi
Yandle- MCIlrath
Staal Boyle

looks way better than

Staal-McDonagh
Yandle-Mc
Summers-Boyle

Then when Klein comes back, this D will be back to being a lot better and hopefully will make Lundqvist a lot more comfortable. He hasn't looked too great but can't blame the guy seeing some of these horrible defensive breakdowns. It's a midseason slump. It's gonna be ok. We don't need to trade our future in Kreider, Hayes, Miller, etc. Some people never learn from the past. We've traded enough of our future and trading any of those guys will make the organization pay for years to come

The same is true for Kevin Klein, who's been playing better hockey than Danny G these past two years.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
The Chris Summers is better than Dan Girardi argument has finally been smashed to pieces.

Alert the press!

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Even when Klein and G come back this defense is still going to be below-average. And yes a lot of it is the forwards as well. Total system failure right now.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
The only thing that makes me feel better is that pretty much every team in the east outside of the Caps are hot garbage too. Teams like the Bruins and Panthers have been playing well in the other division but literally every other team is slumping and looking horrible as well.

You have to say the Caps at the moment are the clear cut favorites but no team in particular really scares me at the moment when it comes to the playoffs. That could and probably will change come April but really no one is playing well. Tampa I picked as the big dog coming into the season and quite easily our biggest threat but even they've had a ton of issues down there.

I think this team on its own has major problems but they're also nowhere near as bad as they've been. There's just way too much talent on this team for there to be. I guess that's my attempt at being positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad