Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - 7pmish

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I'm repeating myself. It's a roughing minor. Not even a double minor considering Strome and Panarin jumped his back.

why would Strome and Panarins actions change what Wilson did?

It's a sucker punch to a player already on the ice.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Dude, this could be our last chance at a Stanley Cup with this core. We need him for the playoffs if we want to have our best crack at it. In a meaningless game after clinching a playoff spot, he pulls a WWE wrestling move on the Rangers superstar and punches the back of another dude's head in a scrum.

Social media is losing their shit and will call for a Torres suspension. We may not have Wilson this year for the playoffs, and Ovi's injured for like the first time ever. To me I'm losing my shit at how this could be decisive for the outcome of the season for the Caps.

I think it’s a stupid play, but the overblown throw him out of the league stuff to come out of this one is just bizarre.

I can’t see them suspending him for it. And if they do I think it’s easily thrown out by playoffs is the NHLPA goes to an arbitrator.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
This might be funny if you weren’t wrong and trying to cover yourself.

he got him in the side of the head, I don't have the video on replay here.

Side of the head/back of the head... does it make a difference?

what is your point? Wilson f***ed up was mine.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
People are seriously defending Wilson for punching a player who's face first on the ice because, in their mind, he hit the back of the jersey before he hit the head. As if that makes it an acceptable play?

Reactions: fniss and um

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
he got him in the side of the head, I don't have the video on replay here.

Side of the head/back of the head... does it make a difference?

what is your point?
you’ll accuse me of changing the subject but I’ll still say it. See scrum punches that are dirty all the time. It a 2 minute roughing call. You sound like the crazies loosing their mind on this. If it was anyone else, there is no conversation.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
you’ll accuse me of changing the subject but I’ll still say it. See scrum punches that are dirty all the time. It a 2 minute roughing call. You sound like the crazies loosing their mind on this. If it was anyone else, there is no conversation.

this wasn't a scrum, this was Buchnevich down all the ice with Wilson already on top of him.

Wilson threw the first punch.

And yes the conversation is louder with Wilson involved, but it doesn't change what he just did.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
People are seriously defending Wilson for punching a player who's face first on the ice because, in their mind, he hit the back of the jersey before he hit the head. As if that makes it an acceptable play?
No, because said player pitched forked and tried kicking the goalie.

Reactions: Eirikrautha

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Stop acting like rags player weren’t being just as dirty.

Wilson started it with a sucker punch to an already downed player.

Of course they would try to get him off.

And again, that doesn't change what Wilson did. I don't care if they murdered a kitten after, Wilson still f***ed up.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

And again, that doesn't change what Wilson did. I don't care if they murdered a kitten after, Wilson still f***ed up.
Around the 2 minute mark you’ll see the overhead view. Wilson clearly reacts to Buchnevich’s kicking motion towards Vanecek when he’s in full splits.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
The cognitive dissonance between defending Wilson's actions while condemning Buchnevich's is absurd.
The only cognitive dissonance is you shaping thing that aren’t there to your narrative. Then again, that is nothing new from you.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009

h11 beat me to it but Wilson did not start this.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The only cognitive dissonance is you shaping thing that aren’t there to your narrative. Then again, that is nothing new from you.
:biglaugh:

If you can't see why you claiming Buchnevich's actions are despicable for "kicking" a goalie while defending Wilson for attacking a player in a defenseless position is cognitive dissonance, there's no helping you.

Reactions: um

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
There's no kick there, that's why no one else reacts.
His left leg absolutely kicks and makes contact with Vanecek’s pad when he’s in full splits. It’s immediately after he does that when Wilson throws the punch. It’s almost as if both things are connected ;)

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
:biglaugh:

If you can't see why you claiming Buchnevich's actions are despicable for "kicking" a goalie while defending Wilson for attacking a player in a defenseless position is cognitive dissonance, there's no helping you.
Some people will entertain your bullshit, but I will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad