Post-Game Talk: Capitals def. Canucks - 5-2 (Stecher, Baertschi)

Winner?

• Vancouver

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Washington

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Do the Capitals play in Washington State, or Washington, D.C.? I'm don't know, Jordan.

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
We play so much of our game glued to the boards which leads to pretty easy defense for the other team
It seems very counterintuitive when there is no one skating around and making themselves available for a pass. It's so static, so boring to watch.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yeah yeah, we know. You randomly turned on him after his first slump.

More seriously though, when is it acceptable to worry? Two goals in nine games including a 3v3 after a brutal pre season is not encouraging.
I call that 6 pts in 9 games
Also watching him getting his chances and creating chances game after game makes me a lot less worry. Slump happens especially to a sophomore who isn't the best skater

Reactions: SomeoneGreat

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I haven't seen every minute of every game especially with the eastern trip but as I said in pre game I am baffled at the "fun to watch" narrative. The canucks outside of EP have not been fun to watch. This game was terrible.

Please come back EP

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
The Canucks schedule is really brutal in October. Almost 2 weeks on the road, come back home and face 4 games in 6 nights, with 2 of them on the road, and back to back.

Then you hear the Caps have 3 days off after this and play Thursday & Saturday in Alberta. Sigh...the eastern teams really have it tough.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Yep. Completely static in the offensive zone so chances are simply one and done. This coach also loves to play the 4th line when the team is down by a couple of goals in the 3rd :laugh:

Them and Eriksson should have been stapled to the bench all of the 3rd. Just double shift the Horvat and Gaudette lines.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
3-4-2 regulation record.

*ducks*

Yeah let’s take the opportunity to knock OUR TEAM that just battled hard and kept it close against the Stanley Cup champions and went over .500 after playing a bunch of really strong teams by twisting the statistics to cast OUR TEAM in the worst possible light.

The only thing I have to say to that is GO CANUCKS GO!

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Them and Eriksson should have been stapled to the bench all of the 3rd. Just double shift the Horvat and Gaudette lines.
It's early in the season, and I do think management is kind of treating it like a throwaway season. Don't want to drown the young guys in minutes for no reason.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
The Canucks schedule is really brutal in October. Almost 2 weeks on the road, come back home and face 4 games in 6 nights, with 2 of them on the road, and back to back.

Then you hear the Caps have 3 days off after this and play Thursday & Saturday in Alberta. Sigh...the eastern teams really have it tough.

They are going to Whistler tomorrow just to hang out. Isn't that nice.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Yeah let’s take the opportunity to knock OUR TEAM that just battled hard and kept it close against the Stanley Cup champions and went over .500 after playing a bunch of really strong teams by twisting the statistics to cast OUR TEAM in the worst possible light.

The only thing I have to say to that is GO CANUCKS GO!
Yikes, dude.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Because half of the roster can't make a zone entry with the puck on the stick 5 on 5
Erm, I'm talking about when they're actually in the offensive zone but yeah you're not wrong. Breakouts are absolutely terrible and most players look clueless out there unless the puck is dumped in.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
I haven't seen every minute of every game especially with the eastern trip but as I said in pre game I am baffled at the "fun to watch" narrative. The canucks outside of EP have not been fun to watch. This game was terrible.

Please come back EP

EP changes the team so drastically it's insane.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
There are certain things that really, really needed to stop being a thing like three years ago.

Like Edler as the point man on PP1 and Sutter being the extra attacker.

I don't know why these are permanent things but they appear to be.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Erm, I'm talking about when they're actually in the offensive zone but yeah you're not wrong. Breakouts are absolutely terrible and most players look clueless out there unless the puck is dumped in.
And that is why everyone other than the top line kept chipping the puck in and hope to get it

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011

Please come back EP
Ep is the only thing fun to watch on this team

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
We are battling well against the defending Stanley cup champions. This is what a winning culture looks like.

Lol @ thinking the team with the worst record in the NHL the past 3 seasons has established some kind of winning culture.

Team generated 4 shots in the third period after they scored to bring it to within one. Got completely outclassed and looked like an ahl team going up against the reigning cup champs.

Reactions: geebaan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad