Post-Game Talk: Capitals at Rangers - March 29 (Moderator advice in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
L2... how will the team react to two poor performances in a row?

Games in hand don't do you any good if you soil your pants when it's time to play them...

Mod note: Losing is a part of hockey. If you can't post within the rules you agreed to follow when you joined the site, please do not post. Any violations of the rules will result in moderator action.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Not bad. There's a lot of work to be done individually and by the coaches on the lines, usage of players, PP, defensive pairing, and controlling the emotion and mentality.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Such a bad play from Hagelin

Hagelin hasn't been good lately, let's call a spade a spade. PO hockey could suit him better, but the more of a puck possession game we play the more he disappears. And I am not talking lately as in last week, more like last couple of months.

Talbot is also tired, he ain't good right now and hasn't been in a while. Hank must get back in shape real soon. Goalies are real important and let's be honest, we haven't had much goaltending worth anything in a while. Easy pucks here and there and then at best not killing us performances.

What's Chris Kreider's next move? He plays like he is tonight every single night, cept some nights where he plays exactly like this but have 2-3 pucks come to him or a hit or two. He is never involved more than this really. 2-3 plays and he is POG. He is real good in some extremely isolated situations -- sure. Must be a lot better on a shift by shift bases to be honest. He is steadily improving overall but very slowely, I kinda fear the day he is looking to get paid. 5-6m for 1,200 minimum wage shifts per season? (Not saying that he doesn't have hundred 8m shifts, he does but you get my point)

You don't play Yandle hockey in a smaller role, he needs a bigger role to come into his own. Ppl are mentioning his plus minus, ridiculous. He has completely anchored a PHX defense to the CF in the West and several play off runs as a underdog. He ain't perfect, but Poti? Yeah says more about some posters lol.

The PP is a bit problematic though. We are falling back I to some bad habits. I don't think poor execution is that much of a problem as many around the game suggest, give aways etc. But we are executing real bad on the PP and it's mental and its a bad habit for sure.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Games upcoming against the Jets and Wild. Hungry teams who have been spectacular recently. This can easily turn into a four game losing streak.

The effort has been garbage for a while. Now the bounces have started going against them.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
That was horrendous. Turnovers everywhere, zero effort. The effort level is really concerning. If i see a couple of more like this then you would know the wheels are falling off.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Would hope the Captain would corral the team together, give them a stern talking too, and proceed to get the team's ***** in gear.

Doubt it from Captain McDonut.

This team needs to get it together because if not, it will be an absolute bloodbath against Winnipeg and Minnesota. Two teams still fighting to clinch the playoffs.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Please sit Rick Nash until he is no longer afraid. Every time he had a chance to go to the net he went ice capades. Expect the same against Winnipeg. Just leave him at home.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Not bad. There's a lot of work to be done individually and by the coaches on the lines, usage of players, PP, defensive pairing, and controlling the emotion and mentality.

Seems like something reasonable to work on with 7 games left before the playoffs start. :sarcasm:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Every stat predicted this. Can't sustain success when you're awful at zone exits. Defense needs to be addressed in the offseason, and McDonagh needs to forget this year ever happened.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Rangers can currently finish with 115 points, if they win the rest of the games they will win the presidents trophy.

#Believe

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Looks like the team not giving a ****, outside of maybe 2 games in like the last 20 caught up with them the last two games. This team is more talented offensively, but doesn't have half the work ethic of last year's. Who the **** do they think they are that they think can take 2 periods off every game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad