Post-Game Talk: Capitals at Rangers - March 29 (Moderator advice in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
We are 3rd in GA/G, you can' possibly ask more of our defense.
This has been addressed ad nauseum, just agree to disagree at this point...

Our GA/G hasn't been outside the Top 5 since 2009-10, take a wild guess at what the constant is. (The two seasons preceding 2009-10, it was 6th and 5th)

If "defense" is nothing more to you than your goals against average, this is a completely useless debate.

Last edited:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
That's a good point, but it was the same thing in 2012 and that team was awful in the playoffs. Hank beat Ottawa by himself and kept New Jersey from being a sweep by himself. That's where the concern comes from, the earmarks of the 2012 team.

Hagelin, Stepan and Kreider are the only three forwards that were on the 2012 team who are on today's team. Our forward depth is significantly better. For that matter, so is our defensive depth.

The team plays a totally different style. They also spend more time with the lead. They've already spent more 5v5 time in 75 games than the 11-12 team did all year. They've already scored 1st more than the 11-12 team did all year.

The 11-12 team had a CF% and FF% when leading of 3-4 points lower than this team does (20th and 15th in the league, respectively).

This is not the same team.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Scoring chances against/60 in March only

Girardi - 29.29

Klein - 26.87

McDonagh - 26.85

Yandle - 26.73

GJ Defense!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Scoring chances against/60 in March only

Girardi - 29.29

Klein - 26.87

McDonagh - 26.85

Yandle - 26.73

GJ Defense!

McDonagh's number before March 1 was 27.03, so that's slightly better. Klein played all of 5 games.

But, more importantly, the War-on-Ice stats differ wildly compared to the numbers the Rangers keep themselves. Very hard to take seriously.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
McDonagh's number before March 1 was 27.03, so that's slightly better. Klein played all of 5 games.

But, more importantly, the War-on-Ice stats differ wildly compared to the numbers the Rangers keep themselves. Very hard to take seriously.

Yeah, didn't mean to include Klein.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I'm so ****ing tired of the sunshine parade, and their overwhelming desire to belittle any legitimate criticism of this team when engaging conversations about this team's flaws are brought up.

It's a message board, differing opinions are allowed.

you said a few posts ago that members of our defense get leprosy whenever they touch the puck. Fine, disagree, just don't be so surprised and insulted if people get offended or defensive when you trash their favorite sports team.

my 2 cents

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
you said a few posts ago that members of our defense get leprosy whenever they touch the puck. Fine, disagree, just don't be so surprised and insulted if people get offended or defensive when you trash their favorite sports team.

my 2 cents

Was happening way before I made that comment.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The saving grace of a Rangers loss is reading the endless posts that tell me the Rangers suck. I understand similar comments when they come from spoiled Yankees fans, but not from Rangers fans.

Everyone on the team sucks, yet somehow they are fighting for best league record.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I am very disappointed in the back and forth flaming and trolling this thread has turned into.

- Personal attacks are not allowed.
- Calling people trolls is not allowed.
- Fixing posts is not allowed.
- Whether anyone has played hockey before or is in the business of hockey is not an indicator of whether his/her opinion has merit.
- Reporting rule violators is always better than replying. This street justice we seem so enamored with can result in the responders being held accountable for retaliation. Give it a rest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad