GDT: Capitals at Blackhawks Oct 1, 2013 8:00 PM ET

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
My guess:
A) They don't want to split up Chimera/Ward (who would? those two are awesome together)
B) Fehr has played wtih Chimera/Ward in the pre-season, so they know there's chemistry there
C) They want to protect Fehr with wingers who are easy to play with, are good at cycling, and will help him out defensively

Have you seen Grabovski at all during the pre-season? His passing has been terrific.

During the Flyer game the other night I was going back and forth between the Caps feed and the NHL Network which had the Caps/Pens Winter Classic. Fehr's second goal in the classic was on a great feed from Chimera at mid ice to Fehr in the center. That line does have chemistry and might be the biggest surprise early on this season.:crossfing

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Erat on the 4th. :ha:

My take on the 2013-14 season:

At least we get to see good division match-ups with our old rivals. I believe it will benefit them.

Who knows? The NHL might even fix it in favor of the Caps this year to promote the next Winter Classic.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Switching Grabovski and Latta might also be worth considering. Though a "4th line" with Laich and Brouwer on it would make some of the cap structure purists vomit blood.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Hillen-Carrick is just begging for a physical forecheck.

And yeah, Emrick blows. NBCSN really needs to try to get Hughson and/or up Forslund's workload.

Hate Pierre, like most everyone who isn't a sycophant for Crosby and Callhanan.

No fan of Doc Emrick either. Can hardly wait for his stupid "3 and 1/4 minutes left in the period"...."6 and 3/4 minutes into the 3rd....". Seriously, who talks about 1/4 of a minute? I get that it's his schtick.....but he's schtuck on his schtick.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Mystlyfe, watched most of the games and I love Grabovski's game. That said, I think he'd be more effective as a scorer vice a distributor, and on a line with Laich and Brouwer he's definitely going to be the distributor.

kmdoom

Sep 19, 2013
alexandria va
“I’ve got more journals than you can shake a stick at.â€

Sounds like he needs a lighter stick. That would make it easier for him to more quickly point at more journals. I think he's hurting the team/not performing to his full potential until then.

Of course there will be an adjustment period maybe the lightness of the stick causing him to not point at all the journals or overcompensate in some of his pointing, and that's understandable. But I think before too long he will come to appreciate the value of having a lighter journal-pointing stick. And really, if he finds it's not useful of course he can always go back to the old journal-pointing stick. It's a long season, why not give it a try and just not force it and expect immediate journal-pointing improvement.

^haha that was in the comment section of the Washington Post article.

Holtby stops 29 out of 30, with the man advantage goal coming from Nick Leddy. Caps 2-1, here's to a successful season!!!

Vladiator16*

**** load of booze - check
Wife is going out with her mom - check
Thai food pre-ordered - check
Tomorrow don't have to go to work till 11 - check

I'm ready for some hockey!!!!!

Just win!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
**** load of booze - check
Wife is going out with her mom - check
Thai food pre-ordered - check
Tomorrow don't have to go to work till 11 - check

I'm ready for some hockey!!!!!

Just win!

75% of my office is furloughed so if I don't go in on time tomorrow no one will notice! Who cares that 800,000 people aren't getting paid and are therefore unable to provide for their families? Now I get to watch hockey. Thanks Congress!

Vladiator16*

75% of my office is furloughed so if I don't go in on time tomorrow no one will notice! Who cares that 800,000 people aren't getting paid and are therefore unable to provide for their families? Now I get to watch hockey. Thanks Congress!

Thats a spirit! :laugh:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Really looking forward to seeing Latta. It's the one thing that could swing the trade results in a big way.

A good way to look at it. I am looking forward to watching him play too. I expect he'll be hungry to remain in the NHL. Nice to see some optimism.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Didn't Oates just say that Oleksy still has the starting job and hasn't done anything to change that?

Connor Carrick
BIRTHPLACE: ORLAND PARK, IL, UNITED STATES

It's probably a reward for Carrick's outstanding training camp. McPhee seems to like rewarding young guys with hometown games. :yo:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Alright guys stay positive...I mean the caps are currently tied for the best record in the NHL.

But they are also tied with Nashville in goals for, Oates should scratch Johansson and put Wilson on the top line to get more offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad