GDT: Capitals at Blackhawks Oct 1, 2013 8:00 PM ET

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Emerick is great, its his supporting cast that has never not sucked.

Also, Metro division prediction at Puck Daddy:

MEMTOTOTOTOT.jpg

the cry from the flyer fans if some of that starts to unfold will be truly entertaining.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
That's what I would have done were Perreault still here... kinda would prefer to swap Latta and Fehr now though. But looks good as long as the lower lines get real minutes.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
That's what I would have done were Perreault still here... kinda would prefer to swap Latta and Fehr now though. But looks good as long as the lower lines get real minutes.

I kind of wouldn't be surprised if that fourth line saw more icetime than that third line (essentially meaning that 10-46-43 is the third line)

Liberati0n*

I agree with swapping them. I don't get playing Erat with Latta and Wilson. Erat-Fehr-Wilson should work much better.

SlappaDaBass

May 7, 2012
Didn't Oates just say that Oleksy still has the starting job and hasn't done anything to change that?

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I'd flip Fehr and Laich...but they are rolling with this 16 at center thing....so Im good with it. The three scratches are the three that should be scratched.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Those lines look pretty awesome, to be honest. Really excited to see Latta and Wilson on the same line -- they're probably going to piss some Blackhawks off tonight. Also interesting that both players we traded Forsberg for are skating on the same line.

Edit: If I'm Oates, I don't hesitate to pull 21 off the 2nd line if there's no chemistry. Whose going to make a pass on that line?

bonzilla

Aug 3, 2005
Va
Those lines look pretty awesome, to be honest. Really excited to see Latta and Wilson on the same line -- they're probably going to piss some Blackhawks off tonight. Also interesting that both players we traded Forsberg for are skating on the same line.

Edit: If I'm Oates, I don't hesitate to pull 21 off the 2nd line if there's no chemistry. Whose going to make a pass on that line?

"Yes Adam, as we discussed."

bonzilla

Aug 3, 2005
Va

Hopefully on NHL tonight, Jamal smiles.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
People still think newer tattoos some how magically degraded beyond belief still? Going beyond the wrist line is not my taste but whatever.

I was thinking his skin, not that the tattoos will degrade, but whatever. If you're telling me they'll look as good at 50 as they will at 20's, I'll stay skeptical.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Really looking forward to seeing Latta. It's the one thing that could swing the trade results in a big way.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Hillen-Carrick is just begging for a physical forecheck.

And yeah, Emrick blows. NBCSN really needs to try to get Hughson and/or up Forslund's workload.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Erat on the fourth line? With Latta and Wilson?
My guess:
A) They don't want to split up Chimera/Ward (who would? those two are awesome together)
B) Fehr has played wtih Chimera/Ward in the pre-season, so they know there's chemistry there
C) They want to protect Fehr with wingers who are easy to play with, are good at cycling, and will help him out defensively

Have you seen Grabovski at all during the pre-season? His passing has been terrific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad