Pre-Game Talk: Capitals 2018 trade deadline thread (Bob Mckenzie says caps in on notable defenders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Honestly I'm glad the Caps aren't (so far) trading prospects or making a huge splash. I think the young D can only get better, maybe we bring Gersich on next year, Bura and Vrana develop, and most importantly we get a fresh set of coaching eyes. I just feel that we can't accurately assess the set of the organization yet.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Well, I’ve seen you chastise posters for mentioning your name, for mentioning Canada, and for poking fun at a news story about Russia. Not to mention the whole “turtling”thing that freaks you out.

It’s a message board bro. Lighten up.
Learn how to treat people with respect. I dont understand why that us so difficult for some people.
The turtling thing isn't a big deal but it is getting old. Talk about beating a dead horse.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Like once every 10 years does a Norris defender in their prime become avaible to trade. I would blow things up for the chance to add EK. Trade whatever it takes that isn't core.

Sens seem to want cheap pieces so Trade them all the picks and prospects it takes then
It would be tough for us to trade for Karlsson and stay under the cap. Would be nice though

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
It would be tough for us to trade for Karlsson and stay under the cap. Would be nice though
Dumping Orpik, Beagle and Grubby would give us about 8m in cap space this season and next. None of these players are core and can be replaced by a min contract player

We could extend both JC and EK

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
It won't happen but if we did trade for Karlsson, who are we moving in the right side? 74 or 2? I think 74 had better upside but it's gonna cost probably 2 million more.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
So less than 24 hours.

Remaining forwards:
Pacioretty
Evander Kane
Patrick Maroon
Joel Ward
who else?

Remaining defense
Eric Karlson
Ian Cole
Mike Green (not hearing much about him the last few days)
McDonaugh
who else?

Reactions: RandyHolt

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Dumping Orpik, Beagle and Grubby would give us about 8m in cap space this season and next. None of these players are core and can be replaced by a min contract player

We could extend both JC and EK

I mean if we magically replace those 3 with players costing $0 and Ottawa donates Erik Karlsson to the Caps, we'll be on easy street :nod:.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
So less than 24 hours.

Remaining forwards:
Pacioretty
Evander Kane
Patrick Maroon
Joel Ward
who else?

Remaining defense
Eric Karlson
Ian Cole
Mike Green (not hearing much about him the last few days)
McDonaugh
who else?

Butter Soft Green hurt his neck/shoulder so only an idiot team would get him now.

Reactions: RandyHolt

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
So, about this talk of Caps looking at defensemen... funny, I bet in the playoffs the greater issue will (again) end up being the inability to score.

It's not that it's unreasonable, but I'd rather see them try to maximize the effectiveness of existing offensive talent. Given the history, it has just as "good" a chance of accomplishing anything, but it would be a helluva lot more entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad