Pre-Game Talk: Capitals 2018 trade deadline thread (Bob Mckenzie says caps in on notable defenders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I actually wouldn't mind Vanek as well, he's pretty much reinvented himself as hard working Knuble with much better hands type over the last 2 years. Was super impressive for Detroit and Vancouver and easily twice the player Nash is right now, just doesn't have a sweet name like RICK NASH attached to him. Doesn't give us much speed though.

If Kane doesn't happen Vanek + Hutton (young LD who could be here for the long term) for ~1st?

Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I actually wouldn't mind Vanek as well, he's pretty much reinvented himself as hard working Knuble with much better hands type over the last 2 years. Was super impressive for Detroit and Vancouver. Doesn't give us much speed though.
You can park him in front of the goalie on PP's in place of Oshie, who is showing nothing right now. You would see Vanek/Wilson doing a lot of damage in the playoffs.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
You can park him in front of the goalie on PP's in place of Oshie, who is showing nothing right now. You would see Vanek/Wilson doing a lot of damage in the playoffs.

Yeah he's a deflection monster, we all know under Trotz eventually they'll be forced to just blast from the point and hope for deflections and scrambles after all their creative offense gets shut down, Vanek could make a few of those go in when they wouldn't otherwise.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Vanek has kind of turned his career back on track. He is probably cheap(ish).

I was really holding out hope that Vancouver would take Orpik off our hands but they re-signed their own Orpik, instead. I was very disappointed.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Caps should start moving some chess pieces around the board.

Not for “win-now” but for “win-during-Ovechkin”...

Last edited:

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I like the Vanek idea, don't want to see Green in a caps sweater again. Its too bad the blues fall didn't happen a bit earlier, I would have loved to have grabbed a Paul Stastny.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
what im looking forward to tomorrow is people here mad that they traded for someone or the same people mad they didnt trade for someone lol

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
what im looking forward to tomorrow is people here mad that they traded for someone or the same people mad they didnt trade for someone lol

I just want it to be all the way, one way or the other. Don't throw picks away for a random body that will do nothing and then disappear. Either really help the team or stay pat and pray the kids wake up (more like the last game)

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I just want it to be all the way, one way or the other. Don't throw picks away for a random body that will do nothing and then disappear. Either really help the team or stay pat and pray the kids wake up (more like the last game)
To be fair...they were playing Buffalo...

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

:laugh:

Honestly I would be happy if they traded for OEL or Karlsson, conversely I would be fine if they traded JC74. Either way they aren't getting past the Pens.

This. I would have been livid had the Caps traded for Nash, that is just dumb, dumb, dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
True but it was better. And even though we still lost, the Florida game was at least in the right direction as far as play.
If they don’t bother to address any of the teams gaping holes, this team may not even make the playoffs. I would say that was far fetched a week ago but the way they have played and the way teams are playing behind them...it has really tightened up.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If they don’t bother to address any of the teams gaping holes, this team may not even make the playoffs. I would say that was far fetched a week ago but the way they have played and the way teams are playing behind them...it has really tightened up.
CAR/NYI haven't closed the gap. FLA has but they're going to need to add and get a lot of luck to go on a run. The Caps ought to be safe as-is. CBJ haven't been killing it lately either so I'd venture WC1 is a likely worst-case barring injury. Starting on the road in Philadelphia seems like a real possibility if they don't start stitching more wins together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad