Pre-Game Talk: Canucks vs Senators. 7.30 pm ET

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
This thread is pitiful to read. Let MacLean do his thing, and be patient with Andy. Both these guys did so much for us last year, they deserve some tolerance for the time being.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Ok so what am I missing here. Wiercioch hasn't been the most solid defender this year but I dont think he is deserving of this horrendous treatment!

He contributes offensively and moves the puck well but Maclean is always scratching him. I didnt notice him being that bad last game. Seriously what gives?

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Can't believe Cowen is a healthy scratch. He's been a rock all year - very reliable.

He reliably flubs or turns over the puck every time he touches it. He also reliably plays poorly away from the puck Other than that, I don't see how he's been reliable at all.

The only reliable guys on D for the Sens this year are Methot and Phillips.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Has Wiercioch been worse than Cowen defensively? Because Wiercioch has 9 pts in 18 games, which is pretty damn good. I don't get how he doesn't get into the line-up based on his offensive ability alone.

He should never not be in the lineup, especially considering the offensive skill of the rest of the D core not including Karlsson.

testinz

Oct 2, 2007
Don't know about Wiercioch but Cowen has been horrible.... too many turnovers and bad decisions.

Maxd

Sep 29, 2008
Yeah, that's the first time I've ever bashed the stash. I like Maclean, I like his personality, the experience he brings to the table, his calm demeanour, poise, etc. The guy is a likeable personality. But I can't rap my head around opting for the rattled anderson, over the solid play of wiercioch & lehner. Boro is good too, but he's taken too many dumb penalties IMO.
:amazed:

Anderson IN! Good move. Why?

Vancouver has been struggling to score their last 8 games or so. Anderson NEEDS to get his confidence back. This is an opportunity to do that. Not playing him against a team that is struggling offensively will only hurt his confidence and create more 'controversy' if Teh Lehner comes in and does well.

Good, mature call. Stash rules!

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
This thread is pitiful to read. Let MacLean do his thing, and be patient with Andy. Both these guys did so much for us last year, they deserve some tolerance for the time being.

Yep, agreed. This fanbase is so critical of individual moves while completely ignoring how each individual event fits into a larger process.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Cowen scratched = upcoming trade?

Anderson getting starts = showcasing him for an upcoming trade?

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Hoping Andy gets his confidence back. Also glad to see Dirty Joe Corvo get another game in. Been doing an excellent job as a 6th/utility defenseman this year.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Cowen scratched = upcoming trade?

Anderson getting starts = showcasing him for an upcoming trade?

From your keystrokes to Bryan's eyes!
Thye should have kept Bishop and Lehner and traded Anderson high after his unrepetable season, but Bryan and Paul are big on veteran loyalty so here we are, with our #1 goaltender on the bench again.

Cowen...is a little early to trade, defencemen take a while to bloom, but making him a healthy scratch dear lord, it took how much losing for that to happen?

As for what MacLean and Andy did last year, when "What I did last year" counts for points in the standings, or toward this year's totals, that's when I'll care about it.
In sports you're only as good as your past performance and Anderson was hot garbage last night. The Vancouver Canucks have trouble scoring so let's give them a sieve!
Hopefully this works out for us... :help:

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
To put things in context, if we assume that Lehner's stats would be the same if he played in the games Anderson played in, we would have let in 31 goals in those games rather than 51.

That is more than a goal per game difference between the two goalies. Instead of being sixth last in the in goals against, we would be tied for fifth.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
To put things in context, if we assume that Lehner's stats would be the same if he played in the games Anderson played in, we would have let in 31 goals in those games rather than 51.

That is more than a goal per game difference between the two goalies. Instead of being sixth last in the in goals against, we would be tied for fifth.

How do we expect Anderson to find his game? Play him against teams struggling to build confidence.

I'm more concerned with the team game -- constantly trying to trade rushes with teams--I'd rather see us play more of a trap and force turnovers so we don't need to be scrambling in our zone leading to our goalies needing to bail the team out

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Anderson IN! Good move. Why?

Vancouver has been struggling to score their last 8 games or so. Anderson NEEDS to get his confidence back. This is an opportunity to do that. Not playing him against a team that is struggling offensively will only hurt his confidence and create more 'controversy' if Teh Lehner comes in and does well.

Good, mature call. Stash rules!

What is a mature call? As opposed an immature call. I couldn't give a rat's *** where Andy's confidence is, the goaltending decision should come down to one thing...who's playing better right now.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
What is a mature call? As opposed an immature call. I couldn't give a rat's *** where Andy's confidence is, the goaltending decision should come down to one thing...who's playing better right now.

Has Lehner really outplayed Anderson in his last few starts? I'd say no. He was downright terrible against Philly, good against Detroit and not so good for Carolina.

Had Lehner stood on his head in those three starts, instead of 1-for-3, he'd still be starting right now.

Maxd

Sep 29, 2008

A mature call is careful and well thought out. An immature one is all emotional and reactive ... and tends to have a lot of ***s.

You really can't manage anything effectively with your gut (for long) ... even though many people think so.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I hope Murray trades Cowen cause he is 22 and makes mistakes. Then when he is 25 and an absolute beast playing #1 minutes for whatever team we trade him to I can LOL at all of the Cowen haters when they cry that we should of kept him. Also I hope we get a pick that pans out to nothing and a player with the offensive skills of Erik Condra and defensive skills of Matt Kassian.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

It's a stretch to assume that his stats would remain the same given his lighter weaker opponents and his poor games he's already had in that lighter assignment.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I hope Murray trades Cowen cause he is 22 and makes mistakes. Then when he is 25 and an absolute beast playing #1 minutes for whatever team we trade him to I can LOL at all of the Cowen haters when they cry that we should of kept him. Also I hope we get a pick that pans out to nothing and a player with the offensive skills of Erik Condra and defensive skills of Matt Kassian.

You trade him if there is a good offer. Cowen will never be a #1 though. If there isn't a good offer you hope he turns it around. Nobody is saying he doesn't have potential. I think a lot of people are bothered that her held out and this is what he brought to the table.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Do reporters have the balls to question MaCleans decision as coach this year? I havent been watching any pre or post game interviews but one would think someone would ask him what the hell is up with his coaching decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad