Pre-Game Talk: Canucks vs Senators. 7.30 pm ET

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Make this two wins please.

Keep momentum from the 2nd and 3rd period. We played really well and deserved our win.

Andy or Lehner?

We'll need to play a more complete game if we want to take away any points from this one. I think it only makes sense to play Lehner, as Andy didn't have a great game last night.

Unless we want to do the whole confidence-instilling thing and put Andy right back in. But my gut says Lehner, because he tends to come up big against tougher competition.

Other comments:

I don't like PMac's use of the same top 2 lines for our PP's.
Use Patty W more on the first PP
Use Ryan more on the first PP
Use Phillips more on the... wait

edit: Also, I'm looking forward to having the drunk twins commentating again after we were all exposed to the debauchery that was the Capitals' colour guy. You don't know what you have until it's gone.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I hope to finally see a win live tonight, I'm 0-2-1 so far this season at CTC :(

GO :sens GO!

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
deal-with-it19.gif

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm assuming that it will be Lehner in, but they might go back with Andy because of the win last night.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Is borowiecki good to go? And if so does he draw in for Cowen or Corvo?

Hopefully Cowen.

Also save percentage is hard to look at when your team is giving up nasty scoring opportunities every shift. They really turned it up after the first period though and it showed. Andy was able to make some big saves too to help with momentum.

I still expect Lehner to start.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Hopefully Cowen.

Also save percentage is hard to look at when your team is giving up nasty scoring opportunities every shift. They really turned it up after the first period though and it showed. Andy was able to make some big saves too to help with momentum.

I still expect Lehner to start.

I don't think he played badly, but he didn't play great or anything. Lehner has been great in all but one start this season so I think it's a no brainer, especially after Andy has a bad game.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Andy will start theyve got to get him going. plus they let Lehner have the last back to back games. there seeing whos number one right now and they want it to be andy. so andy starts if he doesnt look for him to be traded by the deadline because itll mean ottawa is deciding Lehner is the startr now. as for our chances.......if we go to the net hard and win our share of the draws we can beat these guys there just as nervous as we are.......we need a good game defensive too. but if we have a compete lvl like we did in the back half of the washington game we will win this one.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
They have to go with Lehner, in spite of the win last night, Anderson did not have a great game. I thought he look rattled, and out of position on a few shots that could have resulted in GAs. I credit our secondary scoring for pulling out a win last night. Probably would've been a more decisive win had Lehner played in net.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
They have to go with Lehner, in spite of the win last night, Anderson did not have a great game. I thought he look rattled, and out of position on a few shots that could have resulted in GAs. I credit our secondary scoring for pulling out a win last night. Probably would've been a more decisive win had Lehner played in net.

I agree that it would be better for the ske of this game to start Lehner, but I belive Andy gets the nod because they either need to get him rolling to help us win long term, or to get his value up a bit so we can get some good suiters for him going forward. Short term it makes more sence to start Lehner long term it makes more sence to start Andy.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I agree that it would be better for the ske of this game to start Lehner, but I belive Andy gets the nod because they either need to get him rolling to help us win long term, or to get his value up a bit so we can get some good suiters for him going forward. Short term it makes more sence to start Lehner long term it makes more sence to start Andy.

It is better for the long term that we get playoff experience. Esspecially without a 1st

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Looking for another big game from Wiercioch, he's been dynamite since coming back into the lineup.

Also, Zibanejad is starting to learn how to play with Spezza. There were a few times last night where he just slid in to the slot and got ready for the one timer. I really feel like those two are gonna explode soon.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
.....but it might come down to desperation to keep winning.....but if they have no confidence in Andy why should he? or anyone else for that matter?

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Looking for another big game from Wiercioch, he's been dynamite since coming back into the lineup.

Also, Zibanejad is starting to learn how to play with Spezza. There were a few times last night where he just slid in to the slot and got ready for the one timer. I really feel like those two are gonna explode soon.

They do look like there close dont they?

melnyk budget*

I'm guessing Lehner's in for this one.

Hoping we carry some momentum into this game. I want to see the good sens. please?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad