Post-Game Talk: Canucks vs. Flames - Shredder def. Turtles 3 - 2 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I think you have to give it to Schneider. We want Schneider as a number one, can't be scared to play him against a team that just lit him up; let him try to redeem himself. Plus, he needs to start building up some confidence now, and this game is one he can build off of.

I agree, its just that roberto on the bench and his fan base will rip schneider to shreds if he looses again. Thats why having roberto on the bench can be a negative right now, you dont have a typical backup breathing down your neck but an all star goalie.

It should be schneider and ideally lou should not be on the team anymore playing backup but he is.

StringerBell

Would you guys start schneider against the ducks?

Or give it to roberto, logic tells me it should be schneider, but given the way the game vs ducks went, and the way our D has been playing, this could be another confidence killer. Ducks have alot of snipers and anothr bad game will kill this momentum he built tonight. Its unfortunate we play the ducks again right away.

If roberto was not here it would be alot easier, but having a goalie the caliber of roberto just sitting on the bench is also a killer in more ways then one. You dont have lebarbra coming on to back you up.

Yes. Schneider Friday in Anaheim, Luongo Sunday in San Jose and go back to Schneider in LA for the 2nd half of the back to back. In my mind that's the only scenario that makes sense.

theripper

Jan 22, 2010
Vancouver
I think you have to give it to Schneider. We want Schneider as a number one, can't be scared to play him against a team that just lit him up; let him try to redeem himself. Plus, he needs to start building up some confidence now, and this game is one he can build off of.

Luongo is going in,and thats a fact

Vigneault just said yesterday "I put whoever gives us the best chance to win",and he's not putting the same guy who had a 11 GAA against anaheim back in again against them. He would be a liar.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I agree, its just that roberto on the bench and his fan base will rip schneider to shreds if he looses again. Thats why having roberto on the bench can be a negative right now, you dont have a typical backup breathing down your neck but an all star goalie.

It should be schneider and ideally lou should not be on the team anymore playing backup but he is.

Could also be seen as it can motivate Schneider to do better since we still have Luongo pushing him. I just think you have to give that chance to Schneider to redeem himself, but if he lets in some questionable goals, go to Luongo.

Pseudonymous*

haha they went to the post game interview right when a.v was saying 'I LIKE ZACK' 'henrik and danny are still trying to find their rhythm"

i guess he was asked about the top line

wow praise for the rookie and saying sedins need to be better

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
As I mentioned in the other thread, I thought Burrows played a really solid game considering he's never played center at this level before. Probably won't be used in this role when we're healthy but it'll be nice having that option in the future.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
As I mentioned in the other thread, I thought Burrows played a really solid game considering he's never played center at this level before. Probably won't be used in this role when we're healthy but it'll be nice having that option in the future.

He did play well, made a few really nice passes and had really good vision tonight.

theripper

Jan 22, 2010
Vancouver

there is no backup that you speak of. The coach even said so. He's alternating goalies right now until someone gets hot streak...or traded.

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
Thats why having roberto on the bench can be a negative right now, you dont have a typical backup breathing down your neck but an all star goalie.

Well, the bottom line is winning games. If Scheids had it rough against Anaheim, and he did, then why not at least consider letting him sit this one out. It's hockey, not your personal empowerment seminar.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
Is it just me or is Ballard having one of his best games? Defensively decent. Playing with some confidence and swagger.

Not mistake free, but looks like a different player with Tanev anchoring the pairing.

For some reason that pairing just works. Tanev is a very calm defenceman but you always see Ballard directing traffic out there and telling him what to do. I think that calms Ballard's play down a lot too.

BEERows

Mar 13, 2011
Abbotsford
I'd like to see this lineup when healthy:

Dank-Hank-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Shredder
Higgins-?-Hansen
Volpatti-Lappy-Dutch All Star

Trade Booth and Manny for a 3rd line center somehow

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Could also be seen as it can motivate Schneider to do better since we still have Luongo pushing him. I just think you have to give that chance to Schneider to redeem himself, but if he lets in some questionable goals, go to Luongo.

Well you basically said what my fear is, he will never get confidence if a questionable goal means back to roberto.

I have watched every rangers game and lunquist has let in quite a few questionable goals to, but he knows he will be back the next night because hes there number 1.

I just cant see this having a good effect on a young goalie mentally.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I'd like to see this lineup when healthy:

Dank-Hank-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Shredder
Higgins-?-Hansen
Volpatti-Lappy-Dutch All Star

Trade Booth and Manny for a 3rd line center somehow

I wouldn't put that much of a burden on Schroeder now, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable keeping him on the 2nd line for the whole season, but we will see.

If we're trading Malhotra and Booth, we better get one hell of a 3rd line center.

ZenMaster*

ugh the hate for booth is crazy.

Don't understand it either?

He's our strongest forward that can put up 25-30 goals a season, skates amazingly, and drives to the net for only 4.2 million.

Him, Kassian, and Weise add some serious size on the wings.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Wow, the Kassasin strikes again (and again)...

Kassian please please keep playing this way, you are a beast... I am not ashamed to say that Kassian is my new man crush on the Canucks.

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
Simple but Effective Game Review

Defensemen
Excellent: Ballard and Tanev. By far our best pairing given the minutes.
Very good: Edler 25minutes of ice time, +1 1Block 1Takeaway, 7 shots directed at the net.
Bad: Hamhuis. Very rusty, you can see it in his skating.
Awful: Garrison and Kasual Kev.

Forwards
Excellent:
Raymond is a Calgary killer. Played very well defensively. What a snipe.
Kassian: :handclap:

Good:
Sedins need to stop giving up the puck in the neutral zone or on our blue line. So frustrating. They were exceptional in the offensive zone though.
Burrows: for the crap I gave him the past 2 games, he was very solid today.
Schroeder: He just slapped around Jbeau like he was his *****. That was fantastic. Really great first game; evident by the 15minutes AV gave him :handclap:

Adequete:
Volpatti and Lappiere played a solid 4th line game. Solid defensively.
Weise played well in an offensive style. Not where I want him right now though. He has potential to be a solid 3rd liner in the future though. Great Gillis pickup.
Malhotra... 90% faceoffs, not good at anything else.
Hansen: Solid game, stone-hand Hansen came to play today though.

Bad:
Higgins: Did he even play? He's awful.

Agree, good summary. Was slightly less happy with Edler - thought he made a couple of jumpy plays in the second half - would rate a 'good' for sure though. Was slightly more happy with Garrison - wasn't awful, just average IMO.

Sedins were interesting, maybe it's because I expect a lot from them, but I was wholly unimpressed with their second half. As you mention, they seem to be having serious difficulty getting the puck out of the d zone and into the o-zone.

member 105785

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/Kassian
Kassian/Burrows - Kesler - Booth (wow)
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Weise - Lapierre - Malhotra

Pseudonymous*

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows/Kassian
Kassian/Burrows - Kesler - Booth (wow)
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Weise - Lapierre - Malhotra

higgins - i think when everybody is healthy and if schroeder impresses. not sure what will happen. especially after a luongo trade which could potentially bring in even more

i like higgins and hansen together personally

higgins/lapierre/hansen
schroeder/raymond/malhotra-weise

and go with the offensive 4th line and have the crashers spread out throughout the lineup?

im also thinking playoffs. not season

thats why schroeder and laps are switched

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Canucks still not good enough, but are showing progress. I hope they keep improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad