Post-Game Talk: Canucks Training Camp (2) - Loui Eriksson Era Is Over

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
In: Schmidt, Hamonic, Juolevi

Out: Tanev, Stetcher, Fantenberg

Has the D been upgraded this year? I'm pretty high on guys like Schmidt and Juolevi. That said, obviously another year of age for Edler and Myers has to be taken into consideration.

hookshott

Dec 13, 2016
Baertschi played at a 0.5ppg+ clip when he was with us and had a significant amount of skill to produce offense and finish in our top 9. I think him being buried has everything to do with his cap hit and nothing to do with the quality of player he is. Its still sort of absurd to me that he hasn't gotten any chance to play at the NHL level since being buried by us. The dude is a good NHL player.
Totally agree. If he gets a chance I believe he will prove management wrong....which is why they probably won't give him a chance!

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Diablo2020

Feb 11, 2020
Calgary
Is there no official release of roster?

I dont get it, they had until noon today eastern to submit it..

The Canucks twitter just posted pictures on them boarding a plane to fly to edmonton..

Guys like jpat did an entite podcast today at the arena while practice was happening..

Little tidbits from Sat and Batch saying they "think" Loui is on thr taxi squad, they "suspect" Sven to get sent to Utica..

Ive been refreshing for 4 hours now so minutes after this post they will finally post it.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Benning knew best. No one way he was going to risk some other team claiming them on waivers. He had a target, went after it. Mad respect.
I wish I can be as optimistic as you.

I haven't been able to sleep in months; worrying about Seattle putting in a claim on him. Do you think offering Seattle a 1st round pick *NOT* to pick Eriksson should be done?

Reactions: bossram

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I'll maintain, last pre-season we saw Baertschi and Gaudette had some decent chemistry in a game and they never looked at it again.

i’ll admit, i don’t hate the idea of having a baertschi gaudette jv soft matchups third line, then the best combination of whomever is leftover on the fourth line doing more of the traditional third line-type heavy lifting.

Reactions: eli4spetterss0n

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I know this is probably fantasy but I'd love if Gaudette could take some reps on the top line wing to replace Miller for a bit. Does anyone know who the Canucks actually plan on using there for now?

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I wonder why Hoglander was put on the taxi squad when he will start tonight? Perhaps because his caphit is slightly higher than MacEwan, for example?

Surprised Baertschi couldn't even make the taxi squad.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
And capfriendly is being updated every time I refresh. Seems our 23 man roster now includes Chatfied and Jasek. Using about 2.9 million of LTIR. But we currently have 4.3 in LTIR with Hawryluk also injured in addition to Ferland

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I'm betting that Loui plays at least a few games for the Canucks this year. Yes, of course, there will be howls of outrage from these parts. I can't wait...

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00