Post-Game Talk: Canucks Training Camp (2) - Loui Eriksson Era Is Over

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Does this mean no taxi squad for Eriksson or Baertschi....if so, interesting.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Does this mean no taxi squad for Eriksson or Baertschi....if so, interesting.

They both could still be taxi squad bound. You still have to clear waivers to head to the taxi squad if you are waiver eligible.

Man. So many players on waivers today - and a few useful depth guys, to boot. I've always liked Jujar Khaira out of Edmonton. Too bad we have a glut of forwards.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Very surprised. Obviously very happy. He has to be bound for the taxi squad unless there's some internal issue that prevents it.

Feel bad for Beartschi. From all reports he busted his ass during training camp.

I hope no team takes a chance on Bailey. A team could probably get 2-3 really good 4th line seasons from him and I'd like it to be the Canucks.

Reactions: Indiana

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I bet it simply means he is headed to the taxi squad, but it would show serious courage to send him to Utica and see if he would ask t0 get out to head back to Sweden to finish his career.

I think he is still owed something close to 5 million over 2 years. With higher escrow and tax, I bet that is less than 2 million net. Couldn't he make close to that playing for 2 years in Sweden?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This is a good sign. They're giving the kids an extra look before cutting them while assigning vets that they've seen enough of.

These players could all still be on the taxi squad as well, though for some that's more likely than for others.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad