Canucks to retire Sedin's 33 and 22. Sedin Celebration Week

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
What a ceremony, emotions running high, amazing! Thank you Vancouver Canucks As the Sedins do a good job of not tearing up I made sure to cry my eyes out ;) As much as you feared the day the Sedins would retire this was also the ultimate goal, to have their numbers in the rafters FOREVER :) Of course here in sweden would have liked them to come back and win that SHL gold they did not get before leaving for the NHL, but their connection with Vancouver triumphs all of that!

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The ceremony is up.

This is... this is so amazing. I'm in tears after 16 minutes, this has to be the most amazing ceremony I've ever seen. So, so well done. Enjoy.

Even if you're a hater of the Sedins and a hater of the Canucks, how can you not like this? Especially since every last human being who know them, speaks lengths about how great they are as people? Humble as hell, extremely hard working, humble again, very skilled, showing great empathy, supporting... I could go on for a couple of rows.

No one should be ridiculed for being humble, yet they were called "the Sedin sisters" for being so down to earth. That's not weakness, that's strength when you do it the Sedin way.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
No one should be ridiculed for being humble, yet they were called "the Sedin sisters" for being so down to earth.

it's ok. Hockey fans are toxic as shit. especially the ones that say "But they didn't' win any Stanley cups"

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
When will they make the great revelation that there was always a third Sedin twin? The three rotated playing as 22/33, each getting some extra rest.

That's the real reason they always wanted to play for the same team.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Henrik and Daniel were always such likeable players. I honestly don't think any true hockey fan could say anything bad about them, I'll always give them credit for sticking with VAN till the end and not trying to win a cup elsewhere as complimentary players.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Didn’t realize this but Kane had 22:33 of ice time.
Thank you patty Kane.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think the Sedins are now underrated, and I say this as a guy who hated the Canucks.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
They also starred in one of the best hockey commercials ever. It should be added to their list of accolades.

I love when they guy is like well whatever and hits the music anyway.

Great to see these two players honored. I think their jerseys should be a graphig on the high boards and cycle cycle cycle.

Reactions: Firsov99

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
I remember Henrik once told he cheated sometimes when he was tossed from face off. He and Daniel circled around each other while exchanging tactics. What ref thought that is. Then Henrik returned to face off dot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad