Canucks to retire Sedin's 33 and 22. Sedin Celebration Week

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
When I was about 10 years old I sat in Kempehallen in Örnsköldsvik and watched Fjällbrynt Cup, a tournament for juniors. Modo was the host of course, and the Sedin twins were dominant. They each had like 7-8 points per game - you knew they were very special :) People heard the buzz in town and went to the arena to check them out. It was so cool, you could feel the excitement in the building!

Incredible humble persons as well, met them in the grocery store a few times over the years and judging from their demeanor and our communication I was the star ;)

Last edited:

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Great players and even greater human beings.

Well deserved, hope the Sedins enjoy retirement.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
The 04-05 lockout and rule changes really helped the Twins.

You can still slash and whack them but you can no longer hold them. This really allowed their careers to take off and also made the NHL product 100x more entertaining.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
When I was about 10 years old I sat in Kempehallen in Örnsköldsvik and watched Fjällbrynt Cup, a tournament for juniors. Modo was the host of course, and the Sedin twins were dominant. They each had like 7-8 points per game - you knew they were very special :) People heard the buzz in town and went to the arena to check them out. It was so cool, you could feel the excitement in the building!

Incredible humble persons as well, met them in the grocery store a few times over the years and judging from their demeanor and our communication I was the star ;)

I forgot to add something, the junior tournament I watched the Sedins take part in several years in the 90s have been re-named to "Daniel & Henriks Modo Cup" as a tribute to the Sedins. The cup has been played since 1968 and will carry on the Sedins legacy. And as you can see below, the Sedins are handing out prizes to the tournaments all star team and also spreading the Canucks with pride of course :)

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
Whats most important here is that Sedins get their well deserved recognition for their amazing achievements! Sadly they are not as respected I think they should be around league & among opposing fans & media! Lets put that right tonight

image.jpeg.1fcc712d4b506a10735267a780e859a8.jpeg

Reactions: MoeBartoli

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Well deserved and an easy decision. The Sedin twins immediately come to mind when you think of Vancouver hockey. They were great individual player; and they were the best in their era at playing with chemistry that made each even better as a pair.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I usually hate self-celebratory events like this, but damn if I didn't get tears in my eyes when Kesler and Luongo were introduced and cheered on, and at least half a dozen other moments during this event. Burke, Ohlund, Burrows, Smyl, others, just awesome. And Bieksa's speech hit it out of the park.

Proud to be a Canucks fan tonight. Old grudges were forgotten, and good people were given their due by good sports fans.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He led the league with 60 goals in 93-94, they just didn't have a trophy for it back then.

Not to mention he lead the team in playoff scoring when they almost won the cup that year..... and was the face of the team in the early-mid 90s (at worst co-face with Linden)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad