Friedman: Canucks talking to Ducks about Virtanen

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Aren’t the Ducks trying to trade Manson?

This sounds rude, but I don't mean it that way, but what does that have to do with Virtanen though?

I don't see them being on the same level, value wise, at all.

I mean, what would a trade between the two even look like?

Reactions: Love

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'm assuming so. He's on the taxi squad at a hair more than Virtanen's cap hit.

If he has anything left, he could be one of Greens "reliable" veterans. Who am I kidding? Green will play him 20 minutes a night, even if he's saying he's retired.
I totally forgot about the guy. Couldn't recall if he was an LTIR player or not.

Reactions: Cogburn

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Not sure why the Ducks or any team would want a 24 year old 30 pt winger when they could have signed guys for dirt cheap in the off-season.

Hate to say it but Virtanen carries no real value right now.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Virtanen and Chatfield for Tracey and Backes (20% retained)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
No way this happens from a Duck's perspective.
Why not, Chatty can stabilize a third pairing well Virtanen is a mid 6 grinder who can rip the puck and hits like a train, plus Backes is a big dump for the Ducks too. Win win

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Not sure why some canucks fans want backes along with some meh pieces. If we are taking backes and his 4.5M to sit on the taxi squad next to loui we better be getting something of value for doing so given we don’t even have the cap space without including more cap going out

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
The only way the Canucks deal Virtanen is if they get value back in a deal. I doubt they just let him go at this point in the season. If that's the case, then Ducks fans will be pissed at the return lol. I don't see a trade happening here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad