Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign Pius Suter - 2-years @ $1.6M AAV

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Depends on the report. Even with him back they can get under the cap by waiving Pearson and sending one of the other league minimum guys down.

They should make some sort of trade where the main goal is to clear cap. Having Garland or Beauvillier on the 4th line is a huge waste of cap space. As is Myers on the 3rd pairing.
Rich Dhaliwal is the one that said Pearson would be healthy.

Yeah, I think they can waive or assign guys (like Podz) to get cap compliant, but they'd be running a thinner NHL roster with little wiggle room. It would be ideal to trade one of their inefficient contracts, of course, but it doesn't seem like there is market for them.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I think this board overrates Suter based on his JFresh card and I think he's more of a wing/5C who can play 3C minutes in a pinch (which was basically how he was used last year in Detroit).

But he's also very serviceable utility depth who can PK
and he's good value at that price. Good signing.
Both bolded points are what the club needs him to do and represent an upgrade on what they currently have there (i.e. Aman as 3C). From that standpoint, it looks to be a successful signing.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I was really giving management the benefit of the doubt with Blueger. I am much happier with Suter in the fold.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It continues to astonish me how Allvin keeps adding useful players 30 or under for reasonable cap hits and term.

If this was the previous regime, they'd cough up a three year contract at $3m a season in the mold of Roussel, Beagle, Sutter, Gudbranson, etc. etc.

What a difference a regime-change makes!

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I know you’re aren’t exactly a fan of this stuff
But there was a tweet from a unofficial reporter with over 200 likes saying he will in fact be on LTIR
I heard from my cousin's brother's girlfriend's hairdresser who is friends with Myers' wife that Myers will be traded tonight and solve the cap issue, so I think that settles it.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i'm not sold on suter as a 3c but he's a good signing at that number. at worst he'll be a useful 4th line winger/utility forward

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Both bolded points are what the club needs him to do and represent an upgrade on what they currently have there (i.e. Aman as 3C). From that standpoint, it looks to be a successful signing.

Absolutely. It's a good signing who gives the squad a lot more depth at multiple positions and on the PK. Swiss Army Knife (literally Swiss, ha) sort of player who you can plug into a lot of spots to do a solid enough job. And the price is right.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Even if he ends up being a swiss army knife, the key is that it’s a justifiable gamble and frankly, one they needed to make given the lack of C depth.

Aman is going to kill it as a 4th line winger. He’s a menace on the forecheck

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
I heard from my cousin's brother's girlfriend's hairdresser who is friends with Myers' wife that Myers will be traded tonight and solve the cap issue, so I think that settles it.

Weird, I heard from my uncle's sister-in-law's cousin twice removed's great nephew's boat captain on his trip to Spain that Myers was staying put with a 2 year $1.5M extension and Garland was the one being moved with Rathbone for a 3rd rounder.

Reactions: bossram

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The only thing left on my to do list is parlaying one of Myers/Boeser/Garland into a top four D. I would go with a cheaper, short term option like Tanev.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Cousins brother? Woah hold up, what?

If you are going to mock me, at least put some effort into it!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If you base it strictly on the numbers, Suter had 14 goals and 10 assists; while Hronek had nine goals and 30 assists in only 64 games.

If these guys can even match their point totals of a year ago in Detroit, that's close to 65 points added to the lineup for the Canucks next season.

That would be a game-changer from the standpoint of scoring depth.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I’m gonna tag this and give you a gotcha moment should Canucks roster remain exactly the same come first game back

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
tweener, another sub 6 foot forward, with ok skill, who brings 0 physicality.

The type if he's not in your top 6, then he probably shouldn't be playing.

relatively low cap and 2 year term, no risk, but don't like it.

Reactions: dwarf

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Move may push Aman to Abby, making them a lot stronger. Probably wouldn't hurt his development.

Far as moving someone out have to think it would be a winger given it is the obvious area of some strength.

Myers is no doubt overpaid but still necessary on this defense. Although could argue that after a more than decent World Cup Myers might have some value around the League and may return a playable d-man with a more appropriate cap hit.

Move shores up the middle, which is a need.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Love it. Great cap hit for a middle-six tweener. Instantly becomes the only guy on the roster that can slide into a top-6 centre position in-case of injury.

And yes, definitely a precursor to a trade. Doesn’t have to happen for a few more weeks, though.

If Vault Dweller says it's good deal, it's good deal.
1691787000704.jpeg

Reactions: Vector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad