Confirmed with Link: Canucks Sign Pius Suter - 2-years @ $1.6M AAV

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
In a recent article on CanucksArmy, Roget expressed surprise that Suter was still available.

In addition to offence from the bottom-six, Suter also boasts solid two-way and defensive play, including some success on the penalty kill. There’s nothing overly exciting about his game, but there aren’t any obvious holes, either, which is what one typically wants in a fourth line center.

11 potential PTO players still available for the Vancouver Canucks to invite to training camp

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
A really solid signing. Suter provided pretty credible middle-six scoring, two-way play (albeit in not high-leverage minutes), and PK utility in his three NHL seasons.

He's a much better bet to be a consistent 3C than Blueger. And the AAV is very digestable.

Another good transaction in what's been a solid offseason for Allvin.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Love it. Great cap hit for a middle-six tweener. Instantly becomes the only guy on the roster that can slide into a top-6 centre position in-case of injury.

And yes, definitely a precursor to a trade. Doesn’t have to happen for a few more weeks, though.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
I didn't even realize he was still available. A solid pickup, but this must mean somebody's on their way out.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
This is really good. I was worried about our C depth at the end of the free agent frenzy, and this makes us much stronger down the middle - although I like Aman, he's still not a sure thing.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
A really solid signing. Suter provided pretty credible middle-six scoring, two-way play (albeit in not high-leverage minutes), and PK utility in his three NHL seasons.

He's a much better bet to be a consistent 3C than Blueger. And the AAV is very digestable.

Another good transaction in what's been a solid offseason for Allvin.

Even at the outset of free-agency he seemed to be the perfect compliment to Blueger. They compliment their weaknesses and, together, can make up a 3rd line centre. Allows for a lot of flexibility and strategic deployment.

Reactions: cris10 and bossram

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Very happy with the signing of Suter. Definitely strengthens the bottom 6 particularly the center position "which was weak in the first place". Suter's speed, two-way play and ability to play on the penalty kill will be a welcomed addition to the team. Being 27, Suter may still have a chance to potentially breakout. Very happy with the signing which came at a great deal. Nice one Allvin.

My guess is Garland or Myers is out. Once Myers bonus is paid off Allvin might already have a deal in place. We shall see.

Reactions: cris10 and Ozone

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Even without a trade, if Pearson is LTIRed all year then they are still under the cap.

Andrei KuzmenkoElias PetterssonIlya Mikheyev
Phil Di GiuseppeJT MillerBrock Boeser
Teddy BluegerPius SuterAnthony Beauvillier
Dakota JoshuaNils AmanConor Garland
Nils Hoglander
Quinn HughesIan Cole
Carson SoucyFilip HronekThatcher Demko
Christian WolaninTyler MyersSpencer Martin
Guillaume BriseboisMatt Irwin

With Pearson and Poolman on LTIR has around 1.5m in LTIR space. Can go with several other configurations but everyone at the bottom of the roster makes around the same league minimum so it won't affect cap space.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I don’t know if Suter is the answer but if management tells me he is, I’m fine with trusting it. I’ve been clamouring for a body. You just could not go into the season with Aman and Blueger only.

So I’m happy about this.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Even without a trade, if Pearson is LTIRed all year then they are still under the cap.

Nils Hoglander
Quinn HughesIan Cole

With Pearson and Poolman on LTIR has around 1.5m in LTIR space. Can go with several other configurations but everyone at the bottom of the roster makes around the same league minimum so it won't affect cap space.
@Pastor Of Muppetz @Bgav

No trade. Looks like we will finally have some depth

Not silly to assume playoffs

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Even at the outset of free-agency he seemed to be the perfect compliment to Blueger. They compliment their weaknesses and, together, can make up a 3rd line centre. Allows for a lot of flexibility and strategic deployment.
Yeah, Suter appeared to be an ideal target from some of us at the beginning of free agency. Great versatility and hopefully can fill the obvious 3C hole.

I hope his PK utility means they can essentially retire Miller from that job. Run Blueger/Mikheyev, Aman/PDG, Suter/Joshua. Maximize the offensive minutes for Petey and Miller.

Nils Hoglander
Quinn HughesIan Cole

Will Pearson be on LTIR though? I thought the reports were that he plans to be at training camp/start the season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad