Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Vasili Podkolzin to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
SEND HIM TO THE A
Impressed. the fact you did this in capitals convinced me.

In the real world, he has looked decent. Hopeful.

Oh, also for all you suggesting that we send him to the AHL, you do realized that it costs him like $10K for every game he plays there vs the NHL. Sure lets alienate our top (and pretty much only) prospect.

I suggest the exact opposite. Only send him down there as a last resort. Keep him happy to be in the NHL. We do not want another Tryamkin. (which I think was a total waste of a decent asset).

Blackjackz

Jun 23, 2008
Vancouver, BC
The past couple games, Podkolzin looks like he belongs... the guy goes hard to the net, and is tough to knock off the puck, and has showcased some creativity... I suspect as he gets more comfortable with the North American game, he start to finish...

Reactions: Get North

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
The past couple games, Podkolzin looks like he belongs... the guy goes hard to the net, and is tough to knock off the puck, and has showcased some creativity... I suspect as he gets more comfortable with the North American game, he start to finish...

Almost as if he might need a little time to adjust...........

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Such a unique skillset. Drives to the net, tees up backhand saucer passes onto the tape, has dangles, throws heavy hits. He's definitely still adjusting, but he absolutely belongs on at least the 4th line.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
His confidence has increased dramatically in the last few games. Seems to get what makes his game click that he was too busy running around without much effect to notice in his first few outings. Think he has safely made the team. Makes the middle six very dangerous with his tenacity and his ability to make things happen. If nothing else, to wear down the other team in their own zone

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Podkolzin has definitely played his way on to this team in the last couple of games.....it's uncanny how he gets himself to the front of the net with puck on his stick. Could easily have had a couple of assists tonight with the apples he dished off to his linemates, Petan and Miller.

You're seeing why he was such a highly-rated prospect in his draft year. Strong as a bull with puck on his stick.....and will only get better once he full adjusts to the smaller NA rink.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
His confidence has increased dramatically in the last few games. Seems to get what makes his game click that he was too busy running around without much effect to notice in his first few outings. Think he has safely made the team. Makes the middle six very dangerous with his tenacity and his ability to make things happen. If nothing else, to wear down the other team in their own zone

Not even sure it’s confidence as it is figuring out a new system (and again in a language he is still learning). Very excited to see where’s at 25 games into the season.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Such a unique skillset. Drives to the net, tees up backhand saucer passes onto the tape, has dangles, throws heavy hits. He's definitely still adjusting, but he absolutely belongs on at least the 4th line.

Playing 4-8 min a night is terrible development though.

and since he’ll barely move the needle win/lose wise, may as well send him down (if you’re going to put on fourth line.

To me, he has improved over the last couple games enough to warrant a look at regular season, but I would be pretty quick to send him down.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
It's good to see and typically a good sign of a young players talent when they take these quick jumps forward in quality. His camp and first couple games of pre-season action were concerning. He looked slow. He didn't look at all ready.

The last two games he has looked like the top 9 guy he was pencilled in as at the start camp. But as the poster above he needs to play in that top 9. Putting him on the 4th line for a handful of minutes does nothing for him. It's 12 minutes a night or the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad