Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Vasili Podkolzin to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not sure how you are getting that. I’ve watched his shifts closely, though I’ve missed a bit of the games, but he looks like he is making safe decisions.

Disagree. He isn't putting pizzas out in front of his own net but his puck management in the neutral zone has been poor. Several turnovers in the last game in particular.

You can definitely see the transition from the bigger ice is slowing his decisions.

I think Podkolzin would be best suited for 10-15 games in the AHL and then re-evakuate where he's at.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm a bit disappointed.

Absolutely. I've seen him look better than this. Doesn't look confident or well-adjusted and I think he has less time to make decisions than he's used to.

Give him a month in Abbotsford and then re-evaluate.

Reactions: Christina Woloski

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Just watched the game, mf really made a huge leap in such a short time period comparing to his last games
I’m pleasantly surprised,
with that being said I think some time in the ahl will work wonders for him.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Neither of them can play C effectively or win a faceoff.

Is face-offs the issue with Dickinson or are there other aspects of the centre role he's not suited for? I was under the impression he was actually a good defensive 3C (which may or may not have some untapped offensive potential) but that his main weakness was face-offs, which I'd hope could be addressed with focused coaching.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Thought Pods looked really fast out there last night.

looking at that highlight, i thinks pods may need to play right wing.

He is a right winger. But Virtanen was a left winger who never got to play the left side.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Seems like they're going to try Dickinson at center, and this lets them keep their top two lines from last year intact. I'm sure they'll try lots of things.
I think they play Dickinson at center if Boeser is out to start the year.
Jt. Miller Petey Garland // Pearson Horvat Hoglander. will be the top 6.
Then you're forced to play Dickie as the 3C.
Once Boeser is back AND if Podz looks top9 quality then i think you see Dickie pushed to the wing and Jt. Miller will center is own line with Garland

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Hearing people say he needs time in the AHL is like nails on the chalkboard. He’s played the last 2 years in the KHL. He doesn’t need to go to the AHL.

Up until last night I was in favour of him playing 10-15 games in the AHL. But if he can consistently ramp his game up to the level we saw.last night, he is a solid NHL'er.

Reactions: lawrence

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Hearing people say he needs time in the AHL is like nails on the chalkboard. He’s played the last 2 years in the KHL. He doesn’t need to go to the AHL.

He looks like he needs to get up to speed to the NHL. We get you want to watch him but he’s not going to lead to wins. For his development:

18+ min a night in the AHL?

or 10 min a night in the NHL?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
He looked a half step behind in his first 2 games, probably from being tentative about his positioning..He kicked it up a notch last night, and looked up to speed.

There was one shift where he knocked 2 players right on their butts, like bowling pins..fun to watch..Later in the game, he wanted the puck..Lets hope he builds on that in the next game.

Reactions: GranvilleIsland

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
He’s adjusting to a new league, new system and new culture. And of course a few pre-season games are meaningless. Still extremely optimistic about this player.

Oh yeah, this is just his first preseason. There's been a lot of change for him. Let's see how he looks towards the end of the season.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What I noticed about the last game, other than the skating and stickhandling--was just how strong this kid is on his skates. Only 20, he's a load for bigger d-men to handle down low. He just never seems to get bounced off the puck.

If they could just get him to go for the net more, he'd be a serious threat coming if off the wing. Just need to play him with another forward who's adept at coming in late and cleaning up the garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce