Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Vasili Podkolzin to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I would normally not expect much from Podkolzin but I see that other players in his draft class have managed to step into the NHL this season. I see similarities between Pods and Hoglander so I'm pretty hopeful that Pods would be an effective 2 way player like Hoglander was for the Canucks this season.

Damassk

Jun 24, 2012
Moscow
twitter.com

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Have to wonder about what happened with his club and his playing time etc.
Now left off national team...

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
tenor.gif

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
7 goals in 68 games with Ska. Regardless of minutes or where he played in the lineup, that doesn’t scream goal scorer to me. Kinda of sick of wasting top 10 picks on guys that can’t fill the net.

JV18
PODz

Reactions: Indiana

Damassk

Jun 24, 2012
Moscow
twitter.com
Have to wonder about what happened with his club and his playing time etc.
Now left off national team...
In SKA they have like 50 (a little less, but still) people who can play in the first team. Radicilous (and useless) depth. Yes, his season wasn't particular great. But he was ok.
If you ask about national team, he was brought only in case of emergency. If somebody get hurt or nobody comes from NHL. Now with arrive of Orlov and Tarasenko there is no free spots in roster. So there is no need to him to sit in the bubble and doing nothing.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
He’ll get plenty of opportunities to play in the top six next year. Could see him lining up on a line with Horvat and Hoglander. But even if he settles in on a 3rd line driving possession and - hopefully - offense, that would be terrific.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
For his counting stats this year he had 11 points in 35 games. The vast majority coming in the second half of the season. I think it was like 9 in 17 compared to 2 in 18 the first half. In playoffs though he came alive and went 11 in 16 getting the same reduced ice time he was getting in the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad