Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Ludwig Blomstrand to ELC

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
Not that he's hasn't any "duds"...

apr2108_scout_gradin_sm.jpg

But he looks like a "Super Scout" compared to some of the clowns we've had here domestically.

Met him during the WHL vs Russia competition this year. Extremely humble and sincere.

For ***** and giggles

@botchford heard you calling him the next "Fabian Brunnstrom" HA! Far from it. @GMMikeGillis is not Dave Nonis.

Botchford's response: jk

No he wasn't since I tagged MG in the Tweet too.

AE

May 10, 2010
Thanks for that! I would love an Abdelkader on this team if that's what he tops out at I would be more than happy with this pick at 4th round.

He seems to have a bit of a scoring touch too? More so on the greasy side of things or he does have some offensive awareness?

I wouldn't call it scoring touch, it's garbage goals in front of the net, loose pucks..
Don't be fooled by the stats from Almtuna, they had a very turbulent season.
He's a "more heart than brains"-kinda player, big, strong and skates well.
Those types usually fit better in NA than in Sweden, some people like Holmström (not a good skater but, not a great player either) make it work and others don't and get sent down/go home.

Either he adapts well and you get a good 4:th liner and if he doesn't he's a AHL/ECHL player.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
it nice to see another 2011 draft pick on the farm joining Jensen and perhaps later on Frank Corrado depend how far his team goes

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I wouldn't call it scoring touch, it's garbage goals in front of the net, loose pucks..

There's highlights in this very thread where he snipes the puck like 4 or 5 times. He certainly has a scoring touch. Guys that don't show a scoring touch at lower levels have virtually zero NHL upside so the Canucks wouldn't even bother to sign him if that was the case.

Last edited:

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I don't know a lot about Blomstrand but he kind of reminds me of a Carl Hagelin/Jannik Hansen type player, speedy euro who is sound defensively, has the potential to find a bit of an offensive game at the NHL level but will never be a top 6 threat on his own?

leftwinglockdown

Dude Guy
Apr 29, 2011
Canada
Not too much to go on but, from that video alone, the kid has a pretty nice set of wheels.

Anyone know his measurements? Seems to vary from site to site, eliteprospects has him at 6'2, 218lbs while HF and Canucks have him at 6'1, 198lbs which I think are probably his draft measurements.

If he did indeed grow to 6'2, 218lbs with skating like that, he'd look pretty nice on a 3rd line in the show. Also doesn't seem to mind standing in front of the net. Can we mold this guy into a Holmstrom that can skate?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad