Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Danila Klimovich to ELC

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
Nice goal. Thats a NHL level top6 shot.

Hope he can keep building and put the pieces together we need it badly with how poor our system is right now

This Klimovich goal remind a goal in style another Belarussian player in jersey #46 Andrei Kostitsyn (AK-46)

Last edited:

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
I find Klimovich style of play is SO similar to Andrei Kostitsyn was. Nearly the same deadly slap and wirtst shot as a key weapon, close skating and size
Suggest is not by accident he chose the same jersey number

p.s. Danila Klimovich is the highest-drafted Belarusian since Andrei Kostitsyn in 2003 (10nd 1st round) and Ruslan Salei 1996 (9th)

Reactions: Dab and Lindgren

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Been a bit cold recently, despite the team's upswing this month. Wonder if the AHL grind is getting to him - Abbotsford has a ton of travel. Good experience but probably a lot to adapt to. He played 60+ games at various levels last year, which is great consider Euro League schedules are generally quite short and COVID shortened a lot of prospect seasons. By the end of this year Klimovich will have played a lot more hockey than almost any other prospect in his draft class over the past couple of seasons.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Been a bit cold recently, despite the team's upswing this month. Wonder if the AHL grind is getting to him - Abbotsford has a ton of travel. Good experience but probably a lot to adapt to. He played 60+ games at various levels last year, which is great consider Euro League schedules are generally quite short and COVID shortened a lot of prospect seasons. By the end of this year Klimovich will have played a lot more hockey than almost any other prospect in his draft class over the past couple of seasons.

If you go to the thread where they discuss the AHL team they have described him as snake bitten and playing really well.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020

His previous goal was an empty-netter but here's hoping he's shaking that monkey off his back. 6 SOG last night as well.

Canucks associate coach Gary Agnew recently praised Danila's progress despite his lack of production
Canucks prospects tracker: McDonough closes in, Klimovich coming along | The Province

“You’re dealing with a lot of different things with him, being able to stay on top of him, being able to teach him the right way to play,”
“Guys come into junior hockey, let alone the (AHL), at that age, expecting to put up big numbers and not realizing how good the league really is.
“For Danila, it’s as much a learning experience culturally and practising every day to get his game consistent. His overall game … by all accounts, he’s really improving on a weekly basis. He still has issues, but he’s coming along really nicely.”

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I find Klimovich style of play is SO similar to Andrei Kostitsyn was. Nearly the same deadly slap and wirtst shot as a key weapon, close skating and size
Suggest is not by accident he chose the same jersey number

p.s. Danila Klimovich is the highest-drafted Belarusian since Andrei Kostitsyn in 2003 (10nd 1st round) and Ruslan Salei 1996 (9th)

For a few years there with Montreal Andrei Kostitsyn was a pretty good player. Then kinda dropped off the map completely

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
For a few years there with Montreal Andrei Kostitsyn was a pretty good player. Then kinda dropped off the map completely
He left for Russia when he was still fairly young. He really only had the 1 bad year (0.5 PPG) and even in that season, when he was traded to the Pred’s, he put up 12 points in 19 regular season games, and then 3 goals in 8 playoff games).

Andrei Kostitsyn (his 2 initial short stints when he was called up aside) was a 47 point player in the dead puck era (based on PPG).

If Klimovich can get to that ^ level that would be a great 2nd round pick for us.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The ice time is only thing I can't understand.....I get the fact that if Klimovich was playing the NHL, he'd have to earn his ice-time. And if he was making the same mistakes, particularly in the d-zone, he'd either be sitting out or have his ice-time reduced.

But this is the AHL. And the major purpose of the AHL is developing your hockey prospects. The rest of it is almost secondary. So how can guys like Klimovich or even Silovs ever improve if they're hardly on the ice?

Reactions: MarkMM

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
probably why there's going to be a supposed AHL overhaul. betting that trent cull is fired

I would bet on this if not for Johnson. If Johnson is getting mad respect from new management and Johnson is pulling for Cull then :dunno:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
probably why there's going to be a supposed AHL overhaul. betting that trent cull is fired

seems like a good bet we see someone the current management sees as a possible future nhl coach in waiting. whether that would be cull i do not know, but they didn't choose him.

in defence of cull underusing prospects, i believe this year he has a mandate to have a successful season as well as develop players. he's also had a few of the guys we signed to do that poached by the big team

Reactions: sting101

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
We took under achieving first round pick Travis Green go through the organisation… now is time to bring the over achieving undrafted Burrows in to be AHL head coach…

I have no reason to want this apart from it being cool

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
seems like a good bet we see someone the current management sees as a possible future nhl coach in waiting. whether that would be cull i do not know, but they didn't choose him.

in defence of cull underusing prospects, i believe this year he has a mandate to have a successful season as well as develop players. he's also had a few of the guys we signed to do that poached by the big team

Cull wasn't even previous management's 1st choice. He was like 3rd after Chuck Knoblauch and Rocky Balboa? :sarcasm:

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
We took under achieving first round pick Travis Green go through the organisation… now is time to bring the over achieving undrafted Burrows in to be AHL head coach…

I have no reason to want this apart from it being cool

Green was drafted in the 2nd round and including playoffs he cracked the 1,000-game mark. Overachievement.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Green was drafted in the 2nd round and including playoffs he cracked the 1,000-game mark. Overachievement.
No, I cannot accept praise for Green, that would put a rip in space time. Ive got vertigo just finding out he wasn’t a first round pick, must be like mandala effect or something.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
He scored a nice one tonight in the second period. It had been quite awhile since he had scored a genuinely nice goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad