Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign F Danila Klimovich to ELC

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
All 6 of his goals were on the PP. Didn’t have an ES point in the tournament.

He can rip the puck and seems to have goal scoring instincts but seems like a bit of a one trick pony. Skating is average.

Have you seen any of those games? You can’t judge the player, it’s usually pure domination with the ice tilted.

We need to see this guy play on a different stage to judge him properly, from my perspective this isn’t a player you can judge by stat watching. The hope is he dominates when he hops into another league, if our scouting is any good.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Very happy with this pick. 28th on my board and someone who can develop into a top 6 winger. Decent puck skills and can rip the puck.

Can you elaborate? I mean this draft is a crapshoot but it seems you (and the Ducks) have him much higher than the reports. Not questioning you, I know nothing about this draft but just curious about it.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
https://thehockeywriters.com/danila-klimovich-2021-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

"[E]very shift, he’s first on pucks, always going to the net and he’s got that knack to be open and available to get that shot off. He’s on the top line and is the top scorer and he’s one of the first forwards coming back on the play." - Dan Marr

"[H]e has a knack for finding open ice – something Klimovich considers a strong point in his game. Klimovich has agile hands that allow him to control the puck effectively." - Steven Ellis

I expect people to be mad because he's not a name they heard a lot about pre-draft and almost nobody actually puts in the time to build their own list. Due to his status as an unknown, I've seen suggestions he could be drafted anywhere between the very end of the 1st round down to the 5th round. I'm not a scout, but an unknown riser like this has the potential to be one of those picks other teams kick themselves for missing years from now. There's also the chance that he's not skilled enough to come to NA and is swiftly forgotten by all but the most diehard fans.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
"Klimovich is a highly creative goal scoring forward with an NHL caliber shot and a compete level that is off the charts. He also knows how to finish his chances, which is something that can elude a lot of players striving to be consistent offensive producers. All in all, he has all the skills of a top line forward, which makes it hard to believe that we are just discovering him a couple of months away from the draft. I guess if he was playing in a more prominent league like the KHL or MHL, we probably would have known about him sooner.
All in all, Klimovich’s name is one to keep an eye on, as he could become a steal in the first few rounds. North America could be seeing more of him in the coming seasons too, as he was drafted in the 2020 CHL Import Draft by the QMJHL’s Rouyn-Noranda. If he does ultimately come over from Belarus, I’m sure he will quickly become a household name, that is, if he isn’t already."

Very optimistic take, but looking forward to finding out more.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

"[E]very shift, he’s first on pucks, always going to the net and he’s got that knack to be open and available to get that shot off. He’s on the top line and is the top scorer and he’s one of the first forwards coming back on the play." - Dan Marr

"[H]e has a knack for finding open ice – something Klimovich considers a strong point in his game. Klimovich has agile hands that allow him to control the puck effectively." - Steven Ellis

I expect people to be mad because he's not a name they heard a lot about pre-draft and almost nobody actually puts in the time to build their own list. Due to his status as an unknown, I've seen suggestions he could be drafted anywhere between the very end of the 1st round down to the 5th round. I'm not a scout, but an unknown riser like this has the potential to be one of those picks other teams kick themselves for missing years from now. There's also the chance that he's not skilled enough to come to NA and is swiftly forgotten by all but the most diehard fans.
This
Since I’m not a scout and too lazy to build my own list
I wait and see how this crap shoot event pans out

Reactions: flying v 604

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Strikes me as a kind of Fedor Federov style pick....oodles of talent but remains to seen if he has mental makeup to take advantage of all that talent. Drafted by Rouyn Noranda of the QMJHL, so could make his appearance in NA next season. Would probably be best for his development.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
I like that the question will be called early if he plays in North America next year.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
"Klimovich is a highly creative goal scoring forward with an NHL caliber shot and a compete level that is off the charts. He also knows how to finish his chances, which is something that can elude a lot of players striving to be consistent offensive producers. All in all, he has all the skills of a top line forward, which makes it hard to believe that we are just discovering him a couple of months away from the draft. I guess if he was playing in a more prominent league like the KHL or MHL, we probably would have known about him sooner.
All in all, Klimovich’s name is one to keep an eye on, as he could become a steal in the first few rounds. North America could be seeing more of him in the coming seasons too, as he was drafted in the 2020 CHL Import Draft by the QMJHL’s Rouyn-Noranda. If he does ultimately come over from Belarus, I’m sure he will quickly become a household name, that is, if he isn’t already."

Very optimistic take, but looking forward to finding out more.
If he was playing in a more prominent league such as the KHL hed be playing against better competition regardless if his name was known or not.

Reactions: Ozone

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Can you elaborate? I mean this draft is a crapshoot but it seems you (and the Ducks) have him much higher than the reports. Not questioning you, I know nothing about this draft but just curious about it.

He has a really tantalizing skill set and his shot is definitely his best asset. Decent hands and skating but he has a motor as well which is a big thing for a player of his style. Can easily project him as a top6/middle6 forward if he develops properly and he’ll have plenty of opportunity to do so whether it’s in KHL, AHL or QMJHL.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I dono much about these names, But from everything I am reading, a guy like Klimovich is exactly the type of player you draft in round 2/3
Extremely high upside, Lack of scouting due to country, High offensive talent.
I am completely happy with it

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I dunno anything about him, but I like that eliteprospects describes his energy as "hard and violent"

Would have loved Schmidt, Raty, or Pastujov there, but the way this draft is going they might all be available in the next round too.

edit: we don't have a next round lol

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Don't see a lot of picks this high from the Belarusian second league.

I would be surprised if he's ready for the KHL or AHL this season considering he hasn't been able to crack the top Belarusian league. More likely QMJHL or Belarusian league.

Last edited:

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I dunno anything about him, but I like that eliteprospects describes his energy as "hard and violent"

Would have loved Schmidt, Raty, or Pastujov there, but the way this draft is going they might all be available in the next round too.

edit: we don't have a next round lol
Nothing until the 5th round. Yay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad