Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign DeFazio and Archibald

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I honestly thing Archibald is NHL ready now and would rather have him on the roster as the 14th forward than Sestito. But that's just me, he'll probably be a regular in 2015-16.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I honestly thing Archibald is NHL ready now and would rather have him on the roster as the 14th forward than Sestito. But that's just me, he'll probably be a regular in 2015-16.

This. Would rather call up Archibald or even Gaunce for 4LW instead of using Sestito when injuries arise.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
At 50 contracts now. Archibald didn't impress me too much when he played on the 4th line in the NHL but just a 4th liner.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I like Archibald for 4th line call ups as much as the next guy. However, don't be surprised if guys like Gaunce and Fox start getting those bottom 6 calls before he does.

Although I would be open to seeing him replace Sestito as the spare forward when Chips's contract is up. Archibald isn't exactly a player who we need to bother giving as much playing time as possible to. I think that ship has sailed, and he needs to start making the best of his opportunities when he's lucky enough to get them - which he didn't do the second time he was called back up, not when he was sent back down, which was a little discouraging.

As for the other guy: DeWhozio?

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Didn't know 4th liners could impress.

Matthias and Richardson did, considering they'll be next year's 4th line (and should have been last's ).

Hell, Santorelli was a fringe nhler/4th liner heading into camp.

And actually both Archibald and Welsh played above expectations at first, but both petered out, got sent down, and spiraled into mediocrity.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Did ya notice Dale Weiss with the Habs in the playoffs?

Nice that he had a good dozen games over there after being completely useless for about 150 over here.

He came back down to earth against the Rangers and will go back to being his plug self starting next season.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Nice that he had a good dozen games over there after being completely useless for about 150 over here.

He came back down to earth against the Rangers and will go back to being his plug self starting next season.

You're completely ignoring his success as the Dutch Gretzky. :sarcasm:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Good depth signings for Utica....Archibald is a bone-crusher at the AHL level....if he can pick up a step he might eventually find full-time fourth-line employment in the NHL. Not bad for guy nobody was even willing to expend a draft pick on.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Didn't think Archibald impressed in his cup of coffee. he needs to play with more intensity.

tortorella.jpg

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
At 50 contracts now. Archibald didn't impress me too much when he played on the 4th line in the NHL but just a 4th liner.

I believe they are only at 50 contracts if you believe all the guys on ELC are going to be playing professionally within the organization. Which isn't going to happen.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Didn't know 4th liners could impress.

Ask Bruins/Hawks/Kings fans. :)

Also was not impressed with Archibald. Horrible possession numbers in his limited stint, didn't seen enough energy consistently either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad