Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Tucker Poolman to 4-Year, $10M Deal ($2.5M AAV)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Prior to that play against Colorado, Poolman had taken 2 PIM in his last 60 games including playoffs. Weirdly out of character.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Defensively he is not bad, but could show more. Offensively though, don't even bother passing him the puck in the O zone. Might be one of the worst dmen offensively I have ever seen.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
That's the depressing thing as a Canucks fan....generally you'd have to say that the new guys coming in have been pretty steady from the outset. Poolman is a solid #5 who can move into the top four in a pinch....just what you'd expect from a $2.5m cap hit. And no arguments with OEL and Garland either.

But the rest of the core that Benning has built....yikes! This team is at a point where even when they actually make a decent trade or UFA signing, they're still bad.

Reactions: bh53

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
That's the depressing thing as a Canucks fan....generally you'd have to say that the new guys coming in have been pretty steady from the outset. Poolman is a solid #5 who can move into the top four in a pinch....just what you'd expect from a $2.5m cap hit. And no arguments with OEL and Garland either.

But the rest of the core that Benning has built....yikes! This team is at a point where even when they actually make a decent trade or UFA signing, they're still bad.
Was he a #5 in the Peg? He was the only minus defenceman they had and scored a point every 10 games or so. He got icetime due to covid so hard to determine actual use

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Defensively he is not bad, but could show more. Offensively though, don't even bother passing him the puck in the O zone. Might be one of the worst dmen offensively I have ever seen.

I actually thought he showed some good offensive instincts and was playing with a lot of confidence. Aggressive with his pinches and had some good looks.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Then you haven't seen Erik Gudbranson.

Erik turned on this org hard and really pissed off a lot of fans who took his shitty play personally (me included).

I know better now.

Just 1 example out of a million of the Aquilinis shit Midas power.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
They just keep paying a higher and higher AAV to replace what Biega was bringing to the 3rd pairing at $700k.

Poolman is a useful 3rd pairing guy but an extremely limited player and has no place above playing 16-17 minutes on a 3rd pairing in the sort of role Jordie Benn was playing last year.

Reactions: vanuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad