Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Tucker Poolman to 4-Year, $10M Deal ($2.5M AAV)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
4 x 2.5M

Cap is alright, but still an overpay. Term is just flat out dumb

Edit: reading Jets fans comments, this deal sucks

Good for Poolman, he seems like a good dude.
I could not be happier that we didn't sign him to that though. Yikes.
His play in the defensive zone is a little lacking and he doesn't have the best footspeed to chase pucks. He's pretty good along the boards but will more often than not just try flipping the puck out rather than look to make a pass. His gap play is fine most of the time but when he makes a mistake in transition it'll be glaring.
He's not physical at all and often loses positioning to smaller players in front of the net.
In the offensive zone he was good at getting pucks through to the net but hasn't really had much opportunity for offensive zone time with how bad the rest of our defensive play has been in the past 2 seasons. Don't expect much offense from him though.
Holy crap the term and AAV for Forbort and Poolman….why?
Happy for Poolman but that is an outrageous deal
Well good for Poolman but he's not worth that at all.
Absolutely brutal contract for a bottom-pairing guy. Congrats Tucker, you owe Maurice dinner for his faith in you.
I hate to slag a guy but he is pretty awful. He showed some offensive flare 2 years ago but he was not good at all last year, defensively or offensively. Having said that he did have Covid to start the season so maybe that had an effect on him?
He’s alright on the third pairing, but he struggled when dummy Maurice played him on the top pair. $2.5 million is too much for him, but it could be worse.
He made Josh Morrissey look like a chump a lot of the time. SOMETIMES he's ok on the 3rd pairing. Sometimes.

Last edited:

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Continuing the proud tradition of Manitoba Moose players on the Vancouver Canucks.

Also, another American.

Also, not the only Poolman in the Pacific. Calgary has one, too, although I believe they are of no relation.

$2m-$2.5Mish contract?

Reactions: Vector

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Bad deal. Not a bad target for bottom 6 and depth, but his contract should be closer to Schenn ie $3M over 2 years.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I don't hate this, but I don't understand why every player has to get 4 year contracts. Can't we sign him for 3?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I don’t know a damn thing about the player. Need to get someone from the Peg to chime in.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I like this signing, a bit long, But a solid player

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
I liked Poolman when he was breaking into the league, but I thought he was awful last season whenever I watched the Jets.

Four years for a bottom pairing defenceman is rough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->