Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Ian Cole to 1-Year, $3M Deal

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I am sorry that alternate opinions to your own cause such an emotional response, I truly am. First of all it’s a pretty subjective definition but for me there are only a handful of players who I’d describe as such. Basically an exceptional impact at both ends of the ice - Hughes defence has improved dramatically but I wouldn’t describe him as an exceptional defender due to not being a great pk’er and a general inability to box opposing forwards out.
Guess that makes Erik Karlson a solid # 3..?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Honestly I think the management knew about this but they didn’t think it’s that big of a deal.
Neither do I but I guess we are both wrong

I dont even understand why he need to do this. Either the canucks organization officially retire 28, if not then its fair game.

Let the crybabies cry.
Because there are enough cry babies in this fan base

Reactions: AzNightmare

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
8731A716-53A9-45E8-8D6A-F2327FE963B8.jpeg

The only Canucks in history to wear #82 was Goldobin.

We were hoping he would turn into Kuzmenko, weren’t we???

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I'm basing them off facts. Sorry, you hearing evidence from some drunk guy in a bar just doesn't count.
On Jeff Brown vs Kirk McLean
- McLeans ex-wife has made it clear that she had never even met Jeff Brown. Keep in mind, Brown was only with the team for 72 games which included a shortened lockout year. The same lockout mentioned in the Bure article below.
- The McLeans divorce records state that there was no infidelity, if there was on her behalf you can bet that Kirk would have used that to reduce/eliminate how much his ex-wife would get in a settlement.
- McLeans ex-wife has had interviews where she states how unhappy she was being a hockey wife and she wasn't happy since long before they even arrived in Vancouver.
- Also regarding your comment that Carolina 86'd brown an hour later. It was actually 2 YEARS later... but you know, facts right? (Canucks traded brown to Hartford Dec 19, 1995. Toronto acquired him Jan 2, 1998.

On Bure
- Bure had requested a trade in November 1993, LONG before Mark Messier had even arrived in Vancouver (July 1997) and was promised one long before as well. This is widely known that he'd asked out for over 4 years before Messier had even arrived. It was due to Canucks management doing typical Canucks Management things and treating Bure like shit. Knowing that you're obviously too lazy to look any of this stuff up and would just prefer to base your knowledge on Rumours that you heard from some guy in a bar... here's the Bure evidence. Again, WIDELY known for years.

You keep being you though man. Just keep listening to that drunk guy in the bar that comes at you with all the facts....

At this point it's pretty clear you have no idea what you're talking about, making facts up... and talking out of your ass.
Wow, you seem pretty pressed over this to be moving straight to the ad-hominems.

It's too bad that your smug refuting isn't even hitting the right points.

What I'm talking about is that when we dealt Mclean to Carolina (where Brown already was) he was dealt away on the literal same day., you know January 2nd 1998. Please take a look for yourself just in case I only took this info from tHe mAn aT tHe eNd oF tHe BaR.

And on Bure, everybody knows there was a multitude of factors including involvement with the Russian mafia in Vancouver, the contract stuff from 94, etc. But the Messier thing was the final straw.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Props to Cole for the switch

Mickey Mouse stuff from the entire organization for not advising him about the situation in the 1st place.
You'd think one holdover from the time Luc was on the team would have let the new guys know?

Stan Smyl or Delorme, surely? Heck, the Sedins?

Definitely something that was missed.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
First of all it’s a pretty subjective definition but for me there are only a handful of players who I’d describe as such.
There are 32 teams in the NHL, and only a handful of those teams have a No. 1 defenceman? Harsh!

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
This is so insanely stupid. Most people remember Luc as a person and a player, not a number.

And Luc wore #40 in 2006-07. If he had lived and played a long career with the Canucks, he would have taken #6, as that was his number.

no. 28 has no real significance. This is so faux-outrage.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
That’s not Cole’s fault.

Someone in the organization should have told him.

Really, the organization should have a list of all free numbers. If the player doesn’t see their number when given the list and inquires about it, there should be a simple database/spreadsheet a staff member can access and let them know why.

But NHL teams aren’t run like proper businesses.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Really, the organization should have a list of all free numbers. If the player doesn’t see their number when given the list and inquires about it, there should be a simple database/spreadsheet a staff member can access and let them know why.

But NHL teams aren’t run like proper businesses.

Off the top of my head, 11 has only been worn by Messier since Maki passed. 37 and 38 have largely been out of circulation since Rypien and Demitra passed, but I also feel like one of them got worn fairly recently. I could be wrong.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
That’s not Cole’s fault.

The organization should stop retiring numbers: the team hasn’t achieved anything and all numbers should be fair game. A kid that played a few games should not have his number retired. Very tragic but unfortunately life isn’t fair. Tear down the ring of honour while they are at it

Reactions: David71 and m9

lawrence

May 19, 2012
That’s not Cole’s fault.

That’s what I thought. I originally said did Alvin tell him
Luongo cheated at the same rate as Bieksa/Kesler.

First I’ve heard of this one.
I have hung out with most of the 2011 Canucks over the years and the Sedins are the only ones that weren’t chronic cheaters
Don Taylor is that you ?

I saw Daniel at pacific centre back in 2002 with his gf at the time. It’s the same girl he married. Daniel is a nice guy.

Reactions: Indiana

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
This is so insanely stupid. Most people remember Luc as a person and a player, not a number.

And Luc wore #40 in 2006-07. If he had lived and played a long career with the Canucks, he would have taken #6, as that was his number.

no. 28 has no real significance. This is so faux-outrage.
While I completely agree with you, a lot of fans are really emotional about this, having such vivid memories of where they were when he died, etc, and the shock of it all, that it would have been wise for the organization to take note of it. Gotta know the market.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad