Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign D Ian Cole to 1-Year, $3M Deal

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
If we’re looking at someone to play with Myers on the 3rd pairing, I think it needs to be a guy who’s less chaos-y.
Is Wolanin steady enough to play the part or should Juulsen or Woo get a chance?

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I've already indicated I'm not that enthused by this, but obviously the term makes this relatively palatable. Like others have mentioned I suspect they'll see which one of Soucy and Cole pairs best with both Hughes and Hronek and go from there.

Reactions: mossey3535

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I look at the Cole accusations the other way.

What does this person have to gain by anonymously posting that information and then going away? This isn't a money grab or anything like what is often said about accusers.

This seems like it's obviously real in that it's someone who Cole has really wronged. Whether that's a scorned ex who wants to ruin someone or it's a high school girl that he was hooking up with, I don't know. But dismissing it because the NHL did doesn't make sense.

All that being said - I hate that we're in a society where people can ruin or attempt to ruin lives so easily with little or no proof. So if Cole didn't do anything and is a decent guy, then fair enough. Obviously that's the hope here.

I don't know if this is your first kick at the can on the internet but you obviously haven't been around the internet very long. There are literally billions of examples of people trolling and making stuff up just to be sh*t disturbers and make people angry or ruin someones reputation.

The fact that an anonymous account didn't continue by actually supplying even the simplest piece of evidence, even while staying anonymous, certainly allows one to lean towards believing that it was absolutely BS.

One of the infamous rumours around Vancouver players was of course between Kirk McLean's wife and Jeff Brown.... completely made up with absolutely no evidence. She'd never even met him.

Another one, Bure requesting a trade because of Messier trying to hit on him. Again... complete BS and made up but people spread it around with no evidence whatsoever other than "I heard it somewhere"

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't know if this is your first kick at the can on the internet but you obviously haven't been around the internet very long. There are literally billions of examples of people trolling and making stuff up just to be sh*t disturbers and make people angry or ruin someones reputation.

The fact that an anonymous account didn't continue by actually supplying even the simplest piece of evidence, even while staying anonymous, certainly allows one to lean towards believing that it was absolutely BS.

One of the infamous rumours around Vancouver players was of course between Kirk McLean's wife and Jeff Brown.... completely made up with absolutely no evidence. She'd never even met him.

Another one, Bure requesting a trade because of Messier trying to hit on him. Again... complete BS and made up but people spread it around with no evidence whatsoever other than "I heard it somewhere"

Thanks for the polite lesson on the internet and Canucks history, very informative

Reactions: quat and Vector

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Which one is better on the right side? I've read both can play both sides but is one better then the other there?
Cole played a lot of minutes on the right-side last season, as TB's top guys were obviously Hedman and Sergachev. By TOI, he was in their top-four.

Soucy mainly played with Schultz last season (who is right-handed), which would put him on the left-side almost exclusively.

I'd probably run:
Hughes - Cole
Soucy - Hronek
Wolanin - Myers

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Cole played a lot of minutes on the right-side last season, as TB's top guys were obviously Hedman and Sergachev. By TOI, he was in their top-four.

Soucy mainly played with Schultz last season (who is right-handed), which would put him on the left-side almost exclusively.

I'd probably run:
Hughes - Cole
Soucy - Hronek
Wolanin - Myers
Thanks it's nice to have guys that can play both sides as well. This also let's Myers stay on 3rd pair where he's much better suited if we decide to keep him which honestly isn't a bad idea. I'd much rather trade a winger than Myers at this time.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

I'd probably run:
Hughes - Cole
Soucy - Hronek
Wolanin - Myers
With Hirose as the #7..thats not bad.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005

Uh, those aren't good examples. What are you basing them on?

With Brown and Mclean, the literal day that Carolina acquired Mclean from us, they 86'd Brown for like a 6th round pick an hour later. Seems like a funny 'coincidence'.

And the Bure/Messier one, I mean anyone over 35 who has been around the game has heard that one from multiple multiple sources.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

I'd probably run:
Hughes - Cole
Soucy - Hronek
Wolanin - Myers

You. Me. Same!

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
He played well with Myers..and actually made Myers play better , I thought.

He's ready to play..just needs to get a bit stronger.
I suppose you could switch out Wolanin for Hirose than but just feel Hirose's development would be better served on top pairing in Abbotsford than the 3rd pairing in Vancouver. At least to start the season and if he shows well bring him up.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Have you ever hung around hockey players? The only girl that matters is the next one, and they speak as if they're teenagers well past the best before date.
80% of nhl players cheat on their wives and 70% of their wives are ok w it. Many of them signed up for this. For the wives that didn’t, it’s brutal. I have countless stories of the absurd sh!t present and past Canucks have done. Cole is just another dirt bag like the majority

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad