Confirmed with Link: Canucks sign C Teddy Blueger to 1-Year, $1.9M Deal

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Nice upgrade at 3C. Some good work
Ehh, I wouldn't say Blueger is a 3C. The AAV is a touch high, but I'm not really complaining. Bluegers will help where the Canucks need help: PK and defensive awareness.

But he's not a 3C. Probably should be on the 4th line.

He ended up being Vegas' 5C during their Cup run.

I've heard he is more of a winger than a C?

Is this way off?

Either way no term and very decent cap hit.
He's a center. Should be a 4C with heavy defensive usage.

Reactions: kanucks25

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
So 28-year-old, Blueger (a Plumber if the Plumber were a Stone Mason, if the Stone Mason, were a Blacksmith, if the Blacksmith were a Wood Chopper) at 1.9M instead of 25-year-old, Michael McLeod, Super fast, Right shot Faceoff Phenom at 1.4M.

Sure, Allivin is just knocking it out of the park.

Reactions: Indiana

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
They must see something with him being able to center the 3rd line, as I don't think they have much space after this deal to upgrade that part of the roster. I'm skeptical that will translate. Given the term it could be a stop-game solution, where they don't see many good options on the market & want to stay flexible moving forward in upgrading that part of the roster.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
So 28-year-old, Blueger (a Plumber if the Plumber were a Stone Mason, if the Stone Mason, were a Blacksmith, if the Blacksmith were a Wood Chopper) at 1.9M instead of 25-year-old, Michael McLeod, Super fast, Right shot Faceoff Phenom at 1.4M.

You know Izzy, it is possible that Michael McLeod wanted to stay in NJ. Players do have some say in their destination

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
blug2.JPG

22-23 Season

FqLGb8hWYAIAOtc.jpg:large

So he took a step back last year compared to prior years, but fans say he was not quite the same after his injuries that led to him missing 2 months. But if he finds his form, this is a good 3rd line player that can chip in with some offense every so often and play an important role on the PK and be excellent defensively.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
blug2.JPG

22-23 Season

FqLGb8hWYAIAOtc.jpg:large

So he took a step back last year compared to prior years, but fans say he was not quite the same after his injuries that led to him missing 2 months. But if he finds his form, this is a good 3rd line player that can chip in with some offense every so often and play an important role on the PK and be excellent defensively.

That highlights it is basically all finishing, which is something I’d be happy to bank on regressing toward career norms.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Ehh, I wouldn't say Blueger is a 3C. The AAV is a touch high, but I'm not really complaining. Bluegers will help where the Canucks need help: PK and defensive awareness.

But he's not a 3C. Probably should be on the 4th line.

He ended up being Vegas' 5C during their Cup run.

He's a center. Should be a 4C with heavy defensive usage.
I'd say you're right here and thinking about it a bit I think that's fine. Us fans have been looking at July 1st as needing to fill the #3C role, but of our current centers after Pettersson/Miller none of them are defensive-minded PK guys. Like we could sign/trade for a really good 3C who can PK, but the existing guy getting bumped to 4th line C still wouldn't be a PKer.

Basically having Blueger solidify that slot as the #4C makes it easier to have an Aman/Dries compete for the #3 spot. These are more offensive guys at the AHL level, and our 3rd line wingers will also probably be guys like Beauvillier/Hoglander/Podkolzin.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

I'd rather have Mcleod too, but it's obvious he fully intended to go back to NJ the whole time.

That highlights it is basically all finishing, which is something I’d be happy to bank on regressing toward career norms.
Wait, I thought we hated the know-nothing nerd JFresh charts here?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
not so sure on this one. he's a 3c/4c tweener coming off a 4c season. seems overpaid but the term is good.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I’m a Blueger fan, thought he’d be a bit cheaper after being a healthy scratch in Vegas but he’s one of the w few budget UFA C’s who can handle actually tough minutes.

Ideal 4C, but I guess he’ll be a 3C here

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
4th line center and overpaid by about half a million but at least it's only one year. Aman is better. Would've preferred signing Geekie.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Anyone want to take a swing how our bottom 6 rounds out?
Kuzmenko Pettersson Beauvillier
Mikheyev Miller Boeser
Podkolzin Blueger Garland
PDG Aman Joshua

Hoglander

Assuming no further movement of wingers. I'd prefer Boeser/Garland gone.

Edited Hog out for Mikheyev because I forgot he exists

Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad