Confirmed with Link: Canucks set to hire Bruce Boudreau as Head Coach (2 Year Deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Once again this team is different under Bruce and they are playing with a passion. If they lose, they will just win the next game. You make it sound like this Canucks team is spring chicken, like they all are playing their first year in the NHL. They faced huge adversity last year and this year when Green put them in a hole. I mean what other adversities do you think they have to face that they never faced? Maybe a comet coming down from the skies since they have had covid last year, covid this year, played with 4 Dmen, had 5 Dmen out, played under Green, have gone through a change in management, had 8 or 9 game losing streak etc. etc. But OMG if they lose one game now, what will they do?

Pump the brakes dude.

We've seen the difference already under Boudreau vs Green. The team goes down a goal, under Green forget about it game over. Boudreau they're always in the fight. We still haven't seen a loss but I imagine Bruce doesn't change a thing with his approach to the media. That's all I was talking about before you went on your rant.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
bourdreau brownies.png

Reactions: vanuck

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A delightful piece on Global TV sports on Bruce Boudreau's role in the movie 'Slapshot'. Not only did he appear as an 'extra' during the on-ice action, but he was also charged with the responsibility to trying to teach Paul Newman (Reggie Dunlop) how to take a slapshot.

But perhaps the biggest laugh was the fact that the director used Boudreau's apartment for Newman's living quarters, because it was voted the messiest one on the entire team (the Johnstown Jets). So in the film, Newman and the dog were sleeping on his bed for a couple of scenes. Lol.

What a character! A true hockey nomad, who needs to write a book when his coaching career is over. Truly a breath of fresh air in VanCity.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
It's odd that these stories didn't come out in his time in Anaheim, Minnesota and Washington. In Vancouver, they look for the most random, off-ice facts about their coach. Like I guess fans don't care about Boudreau's coaching philosophy. Or I'm not looking hard enough..

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
It's odd that these stories didn't come out in his time in Anaheim, Minnesota and Washington. In Vancouver, they look for the most random, off-ice facts about their coach. Like I guess fans don't care about Boudreau's coaching philosophy. Or I'm not looking hard enough..

When you only have one major league sports team in town

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Is Slap Shot a popular movie in the States? I mean the Slap Shot movie came out before Gretzky in LA and Miracle on Ice.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

The Slap Shot thing is mentioned in the description for his book, so it's not like this is some new thing people have just dug up.

Reactions: F A N and Get North

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
The article I was excerpting there is indeed from his time in Minnesota.

In Vancouver, they look for the most random, off-ice facts about Minnesota's coach. Like I guess fans don't care about Boudreau's coaching philosophy. Or I'm not looking hard enough..

Reactions: Jyrki21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad