GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
First thought when I saw y2k:

Grimace.jpg

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Someone should've said something about our weakness of centers who can win draws, its kinda scary when right now it looks like

Sedin
Bonino
Vey
Richardson

Ventana*

Someone should've said something about our weakness of centers who can win draws, its kinda scary when right now it looks like

Sedin
Bonino
Vey
Richardson

If Horvat makes the team, he's already a very good face off guy... maybe the best in the CHL. Richardson also was our best faceoff guy last year. 56% or something. Pretty good. The top 2 lines is what I worry about.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
If Horvat makes the team, he's already a very good face off guy... maybe the best in the CHL. Richardson also was our best faceoff guy last year. 56% or something. Pretty good. The top 2 lines is what I worry about.

Richardson came it at 55%

Henrik was 52%

Bonino was 49%

49% is actually pretty good for a guy as inexperienced as Bonino imo. It's something that usually takes some time to learn.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Can anyone give me a summary of any useful info management gave? I don't really feel like watching 2 hours of uneducated awkward fans ask stupid questions :D

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Makes sense y2k liked Ritchie so much since he looks like him if he didn't play hockey

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I can't edit but I meant in the video he admitted he looked pregnant

Yeah. Sad thing is two months ago I was out of shape and that may have been legit, today without a shirt on looking in the mirror I have a flat stomach. I blame Aquilini for this. He saw what I wrote in the other thread so he distorted the video. :laugh:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I can answer the tanking question already...

a) It doesn't always work (re: Edmonton), why risk it?
b) Even if it does work, there's no guarantee how many years it will take
c) Developing a culture of losing hurts the team a lot more in the long term
d) Disrespectful to fans and season ticket holders
e) Disrespectful to the players on the roster

And of course...they'd lose too much money for it to be worthwhile.

Maybe the question could have reworded as, "What's the difference between tanking and trading out old veterans for youth and combining them with your own developmental pool along with new draft picks to rebuild a team that just can't cut it anymore?"

I think the term rebuild is much more acceptable to management and owners than tanking.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad