GDT: Canucks Season Ticket Holder Summit

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Minority being 'too far'? ;)
Actually, no need for the wink, that's actually what I mean.

I mean sure, the herp derp crowd may not represent all of us, but with all due respect, they're certainly more of a majority than the guys at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Edit: Errr.. I just watched the video, and I take it back. That was.... quite a spectacular rogue's gallery of creepy hockey fans-- way more than I expected.

Last edited:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
McCann desperately and transparently trying to kiss up to Vancouver and failing miserably after his first debacle was pretty hilarious. Guy can't catch a break.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Yeah. Sad thing is two months ago I was out of shape and that may have been legit, today without a shirt on looking in the mirror I have a flat stomach. I blame Aquilini for this. He saw what I wrote in the other thread so he distorted the video. :laugh:

I stalked you last night bro.

He has a flat tummy

Dead Cat Bounce

Dec 30, 2013
Someone should've said something about our weakness of centers who can win draws, its kinda scary when right now it looks like

Sedin
Bonino
Vey
Richardson

The Canucks were 10th in the league in face-off wins last season.

Kesler (52.6%) out and Bonino (48.8%) in doesn't make a huge difference.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I did not think all the questions were too bad... Just the way they answer them looks makes them look bad... Basically every answer is and will always be... well here is a positive spin with a side of deflection, backed up with a little pandering to the crowd...

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
McCann desperately and transparently trying to kiss up to Vancouver and failing miserably after his first debacle was pretty hilarious. Guy can't catch a break.

I thought it was good. Might just be you though.

I think a good question to Benning would've been - 'If you could have depth at one position only: centre, defense, or goalie...what would you choose and why?'

Seems innocuous enough to get a good answer while revealing a minor bit of Benning's plan forward for the team. Though that might only be me in this camp.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I thought it was good. Might just be you though.

I think a good question to Benning would've been - 'If you could have depth at one position only: centre, defense, or goalie...what would you choose and why?'

Seems innocuous enough to get a good answer while revealing a minor bit of Benning's plan forward for the team. Though that might only be me in this camp.

He would ignore it, and say all 3 positions are equally important.

Guaranteed

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
He would ignore it, and say all 3 positions are equally important.

Guaranteed

I agree with you 100%, like STL said earlier, some of the questions look worse than they are with the way they were responded. I can't really think of a wholehearted answer since Gillis' answer to y2k last year. Big talk up to it or not...

I'd really like to get Linden/Benning/Desjardins off the record for a 15 minute chat.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I'm laughing with him rather than at him. If I were to be scathing of anyone it would be the fans.

Yeah, yeah, I get what you mean. The keyboard doesn't lend much emotion to conversation that a face-to-face does.

I still don't get what the whole deal is with his draft interview, still think Gaunce is much more open to a move from Vancouver than he is (just IMO). If you go through his interviews from that day he seemed nervous but now that he's loosened up he seems like a solid team guy.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I stalked you last night bro.

He has a flat tummy

Kinda creepy.

Did you see me standing outside the Greek place after the summit talking with my friends? We were rehashing the 2011 SCF argument. :laugh: Argued for 40 minutes.

But then again, sometimes I get so worked up that I want to facepalm so hard it comes out in my posts. Either way, like I said, I didn't agree with Benning's assessment. But let's see what happens. I think this season is going to be an ugly one, and I'll be back next year with a follow-up question. Might need Bill or someone to bring me in next time. My buddy cancelled his ice pack after 9 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Kinda creepy.

Did you see me standing outside the Greek place after the summit talking with my friends? We were rehashing the 2011 SCF argument. :laugh: Argued for 40 minutes.

But then again, sometimes I get so worked up that I want to facepalm so hard it comes out in my posts. Either way, like I said, I didn't agree with Benning's assessment. But let's see what happens. I think this season is going to be an ugly one, and I'll be back next year with a follow-up question. Might need Bill or someone to bring me in next time. My buddy cancelled his ice pack after 9 years.

In that part Pauser, we are one in the same man. Some people just don't understand us most of the time. We have very strong opinions and we stick by them, instead of wavering back and fourth. That's why we but heads with so many people.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Kinda creepy.

For what it's worth, and I mean this sincerely rather than insultingly, I don't like when people are overly courteous and mechanical/unemotional/overly rational rather than stubborn/passionate either, and with all this rebuild vs. compete now stuff, I find that I've been agreeing with your overall point more often than ever now (because I'm hard on that side of the debate), but the way you go about it sometimes, if I'm being honest, when you "go off" and start building up confidence and momentum, I react the same way I do listening to a guy like Dave Pratt go on a rant. Just food for thought.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I would have asked all 3... If they were in the army, would they be a sniper, a medic or a helicopter pilot...

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I would have asked all 3... If they were in the army, would they be a sniper, a medic or a helicopter pilot...

A very "combine interview" style ask the prospects question...would've been interesting to see that asked to the Brass, turn the tables! :yo:

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
That was fun, nice to see everyone so positive and upbeat and open to answering questions. A nice change from the previous regime.

Hopefully Linden and Co can have some success. :)

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
What the hell is with people stalking me? Do I need to get my own entourage for protection? Lol. Glad for the confirmations at least. :D

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
What the hell is with people stalking me? Do I need to get my own entourage for protection? Lol. Glad for the confirmations at least. :D

:laugh: Good on you for rolling with it, I would have demanded mods nuke this thread for my own personal protection by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad