Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall Sven Baertschi

van22

May 25, 2014
Now that that's cleared up, lets' listen to Sven all excited about his call-up

[NHL]798834[/NHL]

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
No they weren't.

They sent down Biega, Clendening, Markstrom and Kenins. They immediately recalled Clendening, Markstrom and Kenins. Markstrom is obviously an emergency recall as we only had one goalie in the NHL at that point (after Papering Markstrom down.) They later called up Corrado, and now Baertschi. NOW they've used all four.

1) Clendening
2) Kenins
3) Corrado
4) Baertschi

Alex Biega was never recalled; he was legit assigned to Utica, not papered. He played in their game the other night.

i was going off of this info: https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/status/572510935912349698

so when they recalled corrado, that was 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
this too:

03/02/2015 Alex Biega (D) Utica ADD Returned on loan from Vancouver (NHL)
03/02/2015 Alex Biega (D) Utica DEL Recalled from loan by Vancouver (NHL)

i did my research and gilman cheated somehow >: (

vvv he was joking

Last edited:

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
about the recall itself - i thought baertschi had confidence issues or something and the plan was to leave him in the ahl for the rest of the year to let him work that **** out. he solved his problems in a dozen or so games?

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
about the recall itself - i thought baertschi had confidence issues or something and the plan was to leave him in the ahl for the rest of the year to let him work that **** out. he solved his problems in a dozen or so games?

With AV and Gillis gone we've accrued all those years of xp points that they never used on our prospects.

Baert is now a 91 OV :sarcasm:

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas

stats don't lie.

at least not in the ryan miller thread or derek dorsett threads. not sure about this one.

:sarcasm:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

I'd say that Lindenning believes so

thedean

Jan 20, 2015

maybe his struggles weren't nearly as much about his confidence as they were about his deployment.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think that they would have loved to leave Sven in Utica. But Richardson and Kassian are hurt, MacMillan has been ineffective, and Kenins' game has fallen off a cliff.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

There is no set amount of games you need to play to get your confidence back. That's just how it is.

I assume this is just to give him a little push so he'll be even more motivated for next season.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
He's probably happy just not to be a calgary prospect anymore, and now his confidence is back. I mean... if you knew you were going to be forced to live in Alberta for several years, wouldn't you feel like garbage? :sarcasm:

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Solid move, Kenins has been struggling big-time the last few games and we are a little more comfortable in the standings...let's see what Sven can do in the middle of a big playoff race. Baptism by fire and all that.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Him with Horvat and Hansen...

body-is-ready.gif

imafan

Dec 17, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
He's probably happy just not to be a calgary prospect anymore, and now his confidence is back. I mean... if you knew you were going to be forced to live in Alberta for several years, wouldn't you feel like garbage? :sarcasm:

Sigh... certainly didn't move to Calgary for the nice weather...

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
What are the rules for post season? Could he be kept up if he does well or does he have to go back after regular season?
I'm excited, really hope he has a good stint, would be an additional motivation for the summer training.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad