Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall Sven Baertschi

GrogZilla

Mar 31, 2013
Im wondering the same thing. They have been our best line for a couple weeks now.

And no, Higgins has not been a weak point on that line.

When all Are healthy I'd like to see:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Bonino-Vrbata
Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen
Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

But if Ritchie doesnt comes back then Vey in for him, obviously.

Switch Burrows for Dorsett & I agree.

Reckage

Mar 12, 2014
Needs more Burrows. ;)

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that. It will be interesting to see who gets punted to the sidelines if Kassian and Richardson are re-inserted back into the lineup.

Bringing Baertschi in could be a subtle wake-up call for a team that just played a lackluster game.

Reckage

Mar 12, 2014
I thought we were out of AHL callups this season.

?

Oh well, hope the Bartman does well.

Several posters have raised this point, yet to see any responses. I, too, thought there was a five player call-up limit after the trade deadline, and that we had called up five players from the AHL.

Apparently not!?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Cool. I didn't get why people kept saying he couldn't be called up.

Hope he bumps Vey, but will probably bump Kenins.

Because that is what we were told. Is someone injured to get the number down 12 healthy forwards?

Richardson, kassian, (13 and 14) maybe someone like kenins is hurt.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Several posters have raised this point, yet to see any responses. I, too, thought there was a five player call-up limit after the trade deadline, and that we had called up five players from the AHL.

Apparently not!?

The rule is four non-emergency callups. Who do people think they were?

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Because that is what we were told. Is someone injured to get the number down 12 healthy forwards?

Richardson, kassian, (13 and 14) maybe someone like kenins is hurt.

Roster size is unlimited after the deadline.

That's the reason the non-emergency callup limit exists.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that. It will be interesting to see who gets punted to the sidelines if Kassian and Richardson are re-inserted back into the lineup.

Bringing Baertschi in could be a subtle wake-up call for a team that just played a lackluster game.
If Sven is an emergency callup then Sven (iirc).

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Roster size is unlimited after the deadline.

That's the reason the non-emergency callup limit exists.

Emergency callup requires less than 12 healthy forwards. 14 forwards , 13 and 14 are injured (kass and richo) you only need an injury to #12.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
The call ups were Kenins corrado beiga defazio

No they weren't.

They sent down Biega, Clendening, Markstrom and Kenins. They immediately recalled Clendening, Markstrom and Kenins. Markstrom is obviously an emergency recall as we only had one goalie in the NHL at that point (after Papering Markstrom down.) They later called up Corrado, and now Baertschi. NOW they've used all four.

1) Clendening
2) Kenins
3) Corrado
4) Baertschi

Alex Biega was never recalled; he was legit assigned to Utica, not papered. He played in their game the other night.

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
No they weren't.

They sent down Biega, Clendening, Markstrom and Kenins. They immediately recalled Clendening, Markstrom and Kenins. Markstrom is obviously an emergency recall as we only had one goalie in the NHL at that point (after Papering Markstrom down.) They later called up Corrado, and now Baertschi. NOW they've used all four.

1) Clendening
2) Kenins
3) Corrado
4) Baertschi

Alex Biega was never recalled; he was legit assigned to Utica, not papered. He played in their game the other night.

Solved!

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Oh wow what the hell? I thought we couldn't call him up until the playoffs?

When I saw the title of the thread I had to do a double take, check the dates etc, I was really confused at first. Anyways, this is pretty groovy news~~~

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
So, the next time McMillan plays.....

Just hope Baertschi is given a chance to play meaningful minutes. It would be ashame if he sat in the press box.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Watch him be put on a line with Dorsett and Vey. Then sent down after 9 minutes of ice time

Not to be pessimistic..... Haha just kidding. Hope the kid lights it up!

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
The "no call ups left" is classic HF... someone says it... then people just keep saying it and it becomes unchallenged truth... and who can be bothered to actually do the research... well its just assumed someone has and its correct...

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I'm surprised. I thought he'd play out the year in Utica.

He should help out the 2nd PP as well. Great passer.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
The "no call ups left" is classic HF... someone says it... then people just keep saying it and it becomes unchallenged truth... and who can be bothered to actually do the research... well its just assumed someone has and its correct...

Yes everyone should do their own research on every little petty thing. Like AHL call ups :shakehead

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
It was clear when the whole Biega fiasco of being sent down and Markstrom being recalled, etc. we all discussed there was one more recall left, and they would save it for someone. We were all discussing Baertschi was the most likely candidate of the one who would use the last recall. I don't know why people thought we used them all up already. Besides, obviously we didn't use them up before if we recalled someone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad