Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall Sven Baertschi

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Jason Botchford ‏@botchford 5m5 minutes ago
Willie keeping his lines pretty much intact, except for baertschi moving to horvat line in place of kenins

Baertschi with Horvat. Wow, uh, thank you Willie D! Nice to see Willie automatically go to something we've all wanted to see. That being said, if Baertschi plays well and earns it I wouldn't mind seeing him play with Bonino and Vrbata at some point. After all, we need our best skill in the top 6 and Baertschi could very well be one of our most skilled players.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Sedin Sedin Kassian
Baertschi Bonino Vrbata
Matthias Richardson Higgins
Burrows Horvat Hansen
Vey,Dorsett

Come on Willie try it just for 1 game!!

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Canucks twitter confirm that Kenins is out next game and Sven is replacing him on the Horvat line.

Man that could be a great line if they're all skating hard. Good speed and skill from all those players.

Plus Horvat + Baertschi could be fun to watch.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
if he and boho catch lightning in a bottle and if we play calgary in the first round, oh man that'll be some unbelievably good times.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Kenins was the worst player on the ice yesterday and Dorsett scored our only goal. Kenins hasn't scored in 20 games and has also had issues with giveaways lately. I don't see how you think he's playing better than Dorsett, especially after last night.

Kenins had some givewaways as did almost everyone else.. Hamhuis, Henrik, Horvat. The thing I like about Kenins is he alwyas gives it 100% and finishes all his checks. I think it would be a mistake to scratch him for more than 1 or 2 games max

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Last night it looked like Kenins had just been given a hockey stick for the first time.

Booshami

Apr 19, 2012
Vancouver
Hope Sven plays so well that Willie can't take him out of the line-up. I want us to vs the Flames so bad now.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Since Baertschi makes the 'Nucks roster by default next year, they're probably trying to get him some games at the NHL level and acclimated with the players and coaches...would rather see him with Bonino and Vrbata, even if it's on his off-wing...having Sven available for shoot-outs along with Vrbata-Bonino would be good...when was the last time the 'Nucks had a shoot-out trio that could strike fear into the hearts of opponents?:handclap:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
You mean the guy who just gave up his second round pick tried to downplay its value? You don't say ...

Benning talked about not wanting to part with the 2016 2nd
And by all accounts, people here talk about the falloff in talent past the 20-25th selection in this years draft
But alright

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
Why is everyone so willing to break up that excellent Higgins - Bonino - Vrbata line just to get Baertschi in there?

Becasue Higgins is the weak link on that line. He's not bad by any means, but I think giving that line another setup guy could make that line deadly.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Why is everyone so willing to break up that excellent Higgins - Bonino - Vrbata line just to get Baertschi in there?

Im wondering the same thing. They have been our best line for a couple weeks now.

And no, Higgins has not been a weak point on that line.

When all Are healthy I'd like to see:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Bonino-Vrbata
Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen
Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

But if Ritchie doesnt comes back then Vey in for him, obviously.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
How awesome would it be if Sven torched the Flames in the first round? Obviously unlikely but damn that would be great.

thedean

Jan 20, 2015
Becasue Higgins is the weak link on that line. He's not bad by any means, but I think giving that line another setup guy could make that line deadly.

or if Hansen, Baertschi and Horvat click you suddenly have 3 lines that are a legitimate threat to score.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Im wondering the same thing. They have been our best line for a couple weeks now.

And no, Higgins has not been a weak point on that line.

When all Are healthy I'd like to see:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Bonino-Vrbata
Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen
Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

But if Ritchie doesnt comes back then Vey in for him, obviously.

Needs more Burrows. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad