Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Schedule. You dont want to burn out Talbot. If Henrik gets hurt again after the deadline it might be too late.

Get a goalie for insurance.

It's not going to happen. Seriously. Forget about it. Sather is going to get what we actually need.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Almost threw a brick from my car out the window that I didn't even possess because we played like swamp ass.

Talbot's been really underwhelming. Our guys need to stop sucking in our own end we aren't the Pens and Flyers from 2012.

Wait so you almost threw a brick and you don't have a brick? :huh:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
McD needs to get some bio work done so he can play like how beastly this thing is
DMPic3.jpg

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012
Pretty much. I don't usually agree wtih you ,but I do here.

And a lot of you guys are blatantly ignoring some of the superb saves Talbot made tonight. I think you guys should look at an encore of the game and see all the great saves he made because of how **** the defense has been in front of him. You act like the goals he gave up were soft goals any goalie would save, when in fact they were ones you can't expect a goalie to save, and he made numerous grade A chances as well. I think you're blinded by the numbers and not seeing how many grade A chances he has to deal with because of how ****** our D has been.

As you can see no one is looking at the saves he is making, its the ones he isn't. He stopped 2-3 guys wide open in front of the net. Talbot has been mostly good, but hes not standing on his head for any of the games he has played as a starter and thats what a lot are looking at. I see people giving **** to nevesis cause he defends goalies and was/is a goalie, but (myself)as a defensman I can clearly see that the Rangers are one of the worst defensive teams in the league at the moment. Its like hitting Oilers level. I watch plenty of hockey and in my personal ranking the Rangers easily crack the bottom 10 in team defense.

Hank is great and all but I have been saying for a while, after many games this year, I would rather him not have to make so many huge saves. That is coming to the forefront now cause Cam isn't good enough to cover this poor of a defense. Put him on a team like Minnesota and he's a 1-2 GAA goalie.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Mcdonagh was awful tonight... would be nice if the real one showed up more than once or twice a week.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
While I have always agreed with your assessment of Girardi, I really think that he's been worse than usual this season. He used to at least spend SOME time standing on his skates. Now he spends 23 minutes/night sliding on his stomach and being out of position.

He was actually good in 11-12. He was made for Tortorella's system though. I guess that made him look better than he is.

He was doing that in the playoffs last year and more pronounced in the Final. He was just god-awful.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I look forward to Talbot sitting

If Skapski plays tomorrow and gets lit up by the Sabres, what will your opinion be then?

I think Talbot has to play. You show him that you believe in him and that this loss wasn't on him.

I can see it from both sides though...tomorrow would be the game you want him to start in a traditional situation, but my gut tells me to go with Talbot and the experience he has. He gives the team the best chance to win.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Did you ever think the reason why the Rangers are scoring so much with Cam is because they know they have to? They say the right things, but its obvious they don't believe in him much, they are all offensive first players, that's all they are thinking we need to score, score, score and score some more, everyone is making bad pinches, bad turnovers etc, because they are all thinking they need to score goals, because their goalie cant stop them.

Is this based off anything? I mean, it's not that most outlandish thing I've ever heard. They are trying to force the play a lot and are making a lot of bad pinches.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I am mad. Literally screaming at the ESPN app in the car. Ugh.

i rarely get that worked up.

honestly the most pissed ive ever been was when a dude slashed and broke my stick a few months back.

it wasnt the slash..it was the 200 bucks i was out of for breaking the stick.

grrrrrr

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
If Skapski plays tomorrow and gets lit up by the Sabres, what will your opinion be then?

I think Talbot has to play. You show him that you believe in him and that this loss wasn't on him.

I can see it from both sides though...tomorrow would be the game you want him to start in a traditional situation, but my gut tells me to go with Talbot and the experience he has. He gives the team the best chance to win.

This is what I have to side with as well. Don't look now but Buffalo's playing well recently.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York

I get what your saying but the fact that it's a back to back and against such a horrible team it is justifiable to give Cam a breather.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
You guys take the Sabres too serious, just sit both Cam and Skapski and go back to the glory days of the 6-man goalie system. :sarcasm:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

I don't really care if Skapski gets lit up. Sucks for him, but we can't go back to Cam. He's been horrible.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

You start Skapski to give Talbot a breather. Even if Talbot got a shutout tonight, I would still say to start Skapski. If there's any game to play Skapski, it's against Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad