Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm just worried going forward, the Rangers simply can't keep up this scoring pace.

Not exactly this many, but even after this horrid two weeks we're still 6th in goals against, 0.02 goals behind 4th. We're not gonna keep the **** defense up either.

We're gonna get the best goalie in the world as a deadline acquisition.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Not exactly this many, but even after this horrid two weeks we're still 6th in goals against, 0.02 goals behind 4th. We're not gonna keep the **** defense up either.

We're gonna get the best goalie in the world as a deadline acquisition.

Defense better step up and bully the other team tomorrow speaking of.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
I was expecting a crap game from us. The game on Monday was like a playoff game 7 and we really could've used a 4 or 5-day break like we had earlier in the season. Too many guys weren't sharp and overall we looked bad. Vancouver was the better side, even at times when we were ahead.

I guess Talbot should've stopped a couple of the goals, but our D was terrible all night long. By the mid-3rd period we were positioned so deep in our zone that the Canucks had truckloads of space in the top areas and could do whatever they wanted. It was unreal how many battles there were on the doorstep of our net, as we couldn't stop anybody from penetrating. The penalty on Hayes was a killer; he was making poor decisions all over the ice and I think he might've had his worst game as a Ranger.

Tonight it looked like we admitted our D wasn't going to cut it and tried to outscore them. MSL was the biggest positive in this area. He wasn't great for the entire game but he is finally showing a pulse. Kreider also made some good carries. Stepan looked pretty spry, as well.

Oh, and why did we see so little of Nash in the late 3rd period and overtime?

Hopefully some rest before tomorrow night and a much better performance. A must win, the Sabres suck.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Canucks missing THREE top 4 dmen. (Tanev Bieksa Edler) and their number 2 center - Bonino. The rangers SHOULD have won.

This game is a testament to the AHL Defensive depth the Canucks have stockpiled in the last few years...

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I wonder how many people were complaining about the defense when Hank was in net and they ran off 18 out of 20... I wasn't here so I won't know.. maybe, perhaps.. the goaltending is really the problem.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Canucks missing THREE top 4 dmen. (Tanev Bieksa Edler) and their number 2 center - Bonino. The rangers SHOULD have won.

This game is a testament to the AHL Defensive depth the Canucks have stockpiled in the last few years...

its a testament to how much we miss Henrik Lundqvist right now.

We scored 4 goals on them. thats enough to win 97% of the time.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Did you catch the Sekera advanced stats virus going around the Ranger blog-o-sphere?

You are better than this.

I'm not a believer that advanced stats are everything, but Girardi's are so comically bad, basically his whole career, that it has to raise an eyebrow.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
I like Sekera as a player, but he isn't going to magically make McD and G play better. These aren't Torts years, those 2 aren't overworked.

We already have 3 right handed guys. AV isn't going to put on of them on the left to stick a lefty Sekera with McD. Girardi isn't getting 3rd pair minutes with fellow righty Boyle.

McD and Girardi simply have to play better. G leaving isn't even a subject of conversation with his contract unless he looks like Redden in the play-offs.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I wonder how many people were complaining about the defense when Hank was in net and they ran off 18 out of 20... I wasn't here so I won't know.. maybe, perhaps.. the goaltending is really the problem.

When we win people rarely complain - but even then it's usually about the goaltending.

If Cam's play is our big problem, then we've got it pretty good.

Unless of course Hank is out for a long time.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The team defense lost this game.
Disagree completely, I was sitting by the glass in the Rangers end and the third period was all Canucks in the zone for almost the whole 3rd period.

It's the offense that lost the game, they were spending zero time attacking, everyone could see this result coming a mile away. Surprised Cam held them back as much as he did

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Not sure what kind of difference Sekera is going to make if Boyle, Girardi and McDonagh keep struggling. John Moore isn't the problem, even if he can be upgraded.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Not sure what kind of difference Sekera is going to make if Boyle, Girardi and McDonagh keep struggling. John Moore isn't the problem, even if he can be upgraded.

That's why he would help, and if Mcdonagh DOES ever get going... then you have one hell of a blue line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad